DSD-Linux?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kd4e-1

What, please, is the latest news re. DSD for Linux?

I read the Ubuntu post but am interested in running it under Puppy Linux on a laptop/netbook or (if possible) under Linux on a BeagleBone-Black or a RaspberryPi

Thanks!

David

woodpecker

What, please, is the latest news re. DSD for Linux?

I read the Ubuntu post but am interested in running it under Puppy Linux on a laptop/netbook or (if possible) under Linux on a BeagleBone-Black or a RaspberryPi

Thanks!

David

It won't run on a raspberry pi, I have it running on a MK808 android TV stick running picuntu and custom compiled kernel with oss audio enabled. I've stopped playing with that at the moment as I am working on the NXDN trunked voice decoding.

kd4e-1

Are dsd-1.4.1-src.tar & mbelib-1.2.3-src.tar (Digital Speech Decoder 1.4 Copyright (C) 2010 DSD Author) the latest & greatest for Linux?

Why not the RaspberryPi, please?

What about the BeagleBone-Black?

Did you post details as to your MK808 success?

Last edited:

woodpecker

Are dsd-1.4.1-src.tar & mbelib-1.2.3-src.tar (Digital Speech Decoder 1.4 Copyright (C) 2010 DSD Author) the latest & greatest for Linux?

Why not the RaspberryPi, please?

What about the BeagleBone-Black?

Did you post details as to your MK808 success?

I have my own versions of DSD.

Raspberry pi is too slow.
BeagleBone-Black will also be too slow.

Cortex-A9 dual core (RK3066) @ 1.6Ghz is about the minimum CPU you need.

Whatever you use I found it easiest to compile a custom kernel with oss enabled rather than using pulse audio.

I have it running ok on the MK808, it does have an occasional crash but is pretty good.

I also tried to get it running on a Nexus 7 with ubuntu installed but pulse audio wouldn't play ball and I never got round to trying to compile a custom kernel for it.

I picked up a cheap tablet last week with an RK3066 CPU in it, not had time to try that yet though.

Status
Not open for further replies.