DSD+ P25 audio hard to understand

Status
Not open for further replies.

LD723

On dsdplus the audio for p25 is decoding with very little errors and great but the audio quality of dsdplus for p25 doesn't sound good and sounds like the users are mumbling when talking and if I listen to a broadcastify version of someone broadcasting the same or similar system I am listening to I can confirm they are not actually mumbling but that might be because of how dsdplus was made. Is there a way to remove the mumbling sounds from the p25? Also when I listen to a random frequency that is DMR the audio quality sounds way more clear than p25. And also forgot to mention it is not a simulcast site. The quality of p25 isn't good whether its trunked or not so it is basically the same for any p25 system I listen to. I also tried unvoice speech quality and adjusting the IMBE unvoiced levels but didn't help my problem.

moonbounce

On dsdplus the audio for p25 is decoding with very little errors and great but the audio quality of dsdplus for p25 doesn't sound good and sounds like the users are mumbling when talking and if I listen to a broadcastify version of someone broadcasting the same or similar system I am listening to I can confirm they are not actually mumbling but that might be because of how dsdplus was made. Is there a way to remove the mumbling sounds from the p25? Also when I listen to a random frequency that is DMR the audio quality sounds way more clear than p25. And also forgot to mention it is not a simulcast site. The quality of p25 isn't good whether its trunked or not so it is basically the same for any p25 system I listen to. I also tried unvoice speech quality and adjusting the IMBE unvoiced levels but didn't help my problem.

I would have to agree with you on all counts, also I think it can vary from computer to computer. My old Dell laptop has better audio than my Lenovo. Sometimes it seems like there it is just better sometimes than other times, no rhyme or reason. I also hear complaint from the users of the P25 users, they also have their problems. One other point, P25 seems much clearer the higher the frequency range you are listening to.

MB

RayAir

I agree on it the sound quality varying from computer to computer.
On an HP laptop with an i5 dual core DMR sounds fine, but P25 and NXDN generally are horrible. After fine tuning, C4FM P25 sounds acceptable now. On my quad core laptop DSD+ sounds fine on all modes with no adjustments.

LD723

I would have to agree with you on all counts, also I think it can vary from computer to computer. My old Dell laptop has better audio than my Lenovo. Sometimes it seems like there it is just better sometimes than other times, no rhyme or reason. I also hear complaint from the users of the P25 users, they also have their problems. One other point, P25 seems much clearer the higher the frequency range you are listening to.

MB

yea true I have a powerful pc and the audio sounds better from a speaker than on my headphones

LD723

I agree on it the sound quality varying from computer to computer.
On an HP laptop with an i5 dual core DMR sounds fine, but P25 and NXDN generally are horrible. After fine tuning, C4FM P25 sounds acceptable now. On my quad core laptop DSD+ sounds fine on all modes with no adjustments.

I don't know to be honest lol but I have a decently high power pc and the audio sounds better on a speaker than on my headphones but I could still hear the same weird background noises that dsdplus captures.

moonbounce

I don't know to be honest lol but I have a decently high power pc and the audio sounds better on a speaker than on my headphones but I could still hear the same weird background noises that dsdplus captures.

Just another point, when I use a discriminator tapped radio to DSD+ audio is much clearer.

MB

LD723

Just another point, when I use a discriminator tapped radio to DSD+ audio is much clearer.

MB

ah ok lol I dont have an actual scanner just 2 r820t dongles but would be cool to experiment with a tap on dsd+

LD723

I am using the latest on their site but I have seen videos of fastlane version p25 and the quality hasn't changed much still lots of the mumbling from the video.

moonbounce

So you are using the same version I am using, DSDPlus 1.101. I would try a discriminator tapped scanner, I think you will be pleasantly surprise with the audio quality at least.

MB

LD723

But one thing though is that the first original DSD has better quality but the only problem is the audio crackle.

Status
Not open for further replies.