DSDPlus DSD+ SDR# APCO25

Status
Not open for further replies.

mciaio

Hi, I could really use some help getting this to work. I had it working at one time but my decodes are garbled and sound like robots. It's not understandable at all. I thought it was computer power so I just updated to a newer computer and it is still bad.

Here's the setup.
Intel i3 3300 mhz dual core
4 gigs ram
VB Cable A and B
RTL2832U
SDR#
DSD+ lastest fast lane

SDR# scans between 2 frequencies.
Audio to DSD+ through VB Cable A
Audio going into DSD+ and I see it on the wave form
Audio from DSD+ though VB Cable B to RadioFeed for Broadcastify.

All the audio routing is correct because I am getting the crap sound coming from Broadcastify and I am seeing the talkgroup and radio ID in DSD+. I have all the audio filters turned off in SDR#. Squelch is off as well. AGC is off on the SDR. RF Gain is 3/4 max. Audio level in SDR# is 3/4 max but have had it all over the place trying to get it to work. Sound level for VB cables is both 100% on sound and mic settings in Windows 10.

I've been playing with this for so long.... Months! I have read everything I can on the net. This thing should be working but it's not. I'm ready to drop $400 and buy a HomePatrol and be done with it.

musson

the folks at dsd plus told me to use this command line for p25 phase 1. Helped a lot.
DSDPlus.exe -f1 -ds62 -dd97 -dv26
also type capital "S" to disable shaping filter.

mciaio

I don't know. Just learned the other way I guess. Actually, I just setup FMP24 and TCP. Seems like the same crappy decodes.

DRL-XM43

Yes, I was originally using SDR#. Tonight I switched to FMP24 and with TCP linking. Still sounds the same.

Are you trunk following from a P25 control channel or just monitoring individual P25 voice channels, If you were using SDR# then that would not have been trunk following. Anyway more info would be helpful like what system are you monitoring how is the signal strength and quality any screen shots, what is in your batch files for FMP24/DSD+ and so forth

We know the software works great so issues have to be something else.

Last edited:

BM82557

I must say, the documentation for DSD leaves something to be desired. There is 1 post google picks up with shaping filter from 2016. Checked my current fastlane DSDPlus.txt and no mention of it. CRAZY!!!

http://interceptradio.com/bbs/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=8681

It's in the NOTES.txt file, all newer FastLane developments are covered there. The DSDPLUS.txt file covers the basics of the public release Version 1.101 from 2015.

mciaio

Hey Guys, any command line switch to have the filter turned off on start? Every time a start dsd+ I have to hit "S" to stop it. Would be much easier to add it to the shortcut.

Status
Not open for further replies.