DSD+ to Wireshark

Status
Not open for further replies.

AD0JP

Is it possible to pipe raw packets from DSD+ to Wireshark in Windows 7?

Pape

Premium Subscriber
I do not think DSD+ work on the 7 OSI layer....

Why do you want to do such a thing ?

AD0JP

I've been tuning to various commercial DMR frequencies and seeing LRRP data, but on one frequency the event log is indicating BS data but nothing else is displaying. I saw somewhere that DMR data is in the form of UDP packets. I was hoping to pass these to Wireshark for detailed viewing and analysis.

I have also just seen the option for increased verbosity, and that may serve my needs as well.

arti

Hi, i have the same problem

Hi, i have the same problem, i would like to build a transciever that can transmit using p-25 protocol
i am able to use the DSD+ to decode the voice but i dont know how to use wireshark to decode the RAW demodulated data?

can someone offer me any help with that?

arti

no i mean is there a way to get the decoded information from DSD+

Thanks but
no what i meant is if there a way to get the decoded information from DSD+, in bits? so ill be able to parse it in Wireshark? i doesnt have to be proxy, maybe there is another way to do this?

i need to see the packet information in order to program my transmitter to sent data via that protocol.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Thanks but
no what i meant is if there a way to get the decoded information from DSD+, in bits? so ill be able to parse it in Wireshark? i doesnt have to be proxy, maybe there is another way to do this?

i need to see the packet information in order to program my transmitter to sent data via that protocol.

Have you tried DSD or OP25? I believe OP25 directly supports Wireshark in the command line options.

arti

i tried. . .

thanks for your reply,
if you mean installing gnu radio on linux and installing p-25 grc p-25 blocks, thats waht i'm trying to do these days... but im having some trouble with this.
ive installed gnuradio and the RTL-SDR drivers successfully (i installed id using pybombs package) i installed also gr-p25 using pybombs, and it seems there is a folder inside pybombs that contains p25 files, but i dont know how to compile it to create the full block diagram of p25 with the option to port it to wireshark like they did in osmocomm website,
another thing that i tried is to download the .grc blocks from a site called spenchWIKI but half of the blocks there are unconnected and unrecognized so i cant use it,

i have a feeling that the one from pybombs (osmocomm) will work but i dont know how to compile it and create the .grc file?

(im not a big linux expert )

if someone here can instruct me how to install the gr-p25 addition fully and add the block diagram to GNURADIO.... it will be really great...

Pape

Premium Subscriber
To my knowledge the Python file does not need to be compiled.
Look on gnuradio on how to add python block to gr_modtool

arti

ok, thanks i see that gr_modtool is used to build the blocks but i cant manage to run

gr_modtool is present in my system as gr_moodtol and gr_modtool.exe but i cannot figure out gow to execute it, when i run it from terminal it says "he program 'gr_modtool' is currently not installed. You can install it by typing:"sudo apt-get install gnuradio"
i think that it is installed and i dont want to install gnu radio again since its also installed,
i even cannot run the command from the tutorial:

gr_modtool newmod howto

it returns the same erorr i wrote before,
maybe someone here familiar with this??
how i make the ubunto recognize the commands?

thanks again!!

Status
Not open for further replies.