DSD Windows Port

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
These are the mode related command line switches that can also be built into the .bat file for starting the program. This is a copy/paste from the README file included and is also part of the original DSD instructions.

-fa Auto-detect frame type (default)
-f1 Decode only P25 Phase 1
-fd Decode only D-STAR* (no audio)
-fi Decode only NXDN48* (6.25 kHz) / IDAS*
-fn Decode only NXDN96 (12.5 kHz)
-fp Decode only ProVoice*
-fr Decode only DMR/MOTOTRBO
-fx Decode only X2-TDMA
-ma Auto-select modulation optimizations (default)
-mc Use only C4FM modulation optimizations
-mg Use only GFSK modulation optimizations
-mq Use only QPSK modulation optimizations
-u <num> Unvoiced speech quality (default=3)
-xx Expect non-inverted X2-TDMA signal
-xr Expect inverted DMR/MOTOTRBO signal

Does that imply the option to write wav files (-w) is not present in the Windows version?

cg

Premium Subscriber
that is only a portion of the commands (those that have to do with the decoder). The readme file that is part of the zipped files has them all as well as more info about the program

chris

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
Outstanding.... When you open up the dsd.exe file, does that decode everything? Thank you again for your time with this.

God, I hate to admit it, but I don't know! I "think" so. I've always opened it from the command line with a specific target in mind. My main target with DSD has been MotoTrbo....just because it's something not supported by any of my scanners. I've decoded P25 with it, but it's too easy...the otherwise unavailable modes are always more of a target here.

Best way to find out is just to let 'er rip and see what happens. This software has been a fantastic advancement for many of us, and this port to Windows surely is going to open doors for a lot more folks. Fun stuff!

wwhitby

Feed Provider
Does anyone have a good suggestion for a usb sound card to youse on a notebook. I bought a cheap one a while ago and all I get is a hum threw my speakes. I'm thinking its my cheap unit that is causing all the noise and not alllowing the program to work for me.
Thanks for any help.

They may not be cheap, but i've had great luck using Griffin iMics (both generations) for digital decoding and audio use.

Warren

RadioCopFFFR

P25 Works great. I cant seem to get the audio on the MotoTrbo.Any help would be appreciated. To the person who made this happen. Thanks. It is nice not to have to boot into Ubuntu. Good job and keep up the hard work.

fdnybuff18

Premium Subscriber
I am having a hard time with MotoTrbo as well, but I am thinking they are using "Privacy" settings on the systems I am attempting to listen to.

racingfan360

>They may not be cheap, but i've had great luck using Griffin iMics (both generations) for digital decoding >and audio use.

Ummm..very interesting. Warren/maybe others: could you tell me what the max sampling rate is for this usb sound card please? If it works at 48kHz or more then i think I need to add an iMic to my list for santa !

Here's how to find out: Linux: How to determine your audio card's, or USB mic's, maximum sampling rate - voxforge.org
Specifically, try:
$ arecord -f S16_LE -r 60000 -D hw:1,0 -d 5 testS16_LE.wav

You should get something like:
Recording WAVE 'test.wav' : Signed 16 bit Little Endian, Rate 60000 Hz, Stereo
Warning: rate is not accurate (requested = 60000Hz, got = 48000Hz)
please, try the plug plugin (-Dplug:hw:0,0)

It's whatever got = <value>Hz is is the interesting bit.

TIA, Jim

swm239

Premium Subscriber
sound problem with setup

Hello, have the win version installed but am getting a hissing and then some decoding in the background coming from speakers. Using a dell computer with realtek hd audio setup. Have been trying many different combinations, line in, mic in, headphone, on both front and rear jacks. Either get constant hissing with a mix of decoding but no audio present or no audio at all depending on which item is used. Anyone have any thoughts on what to try?
Thanks

mel1718

Works great right along side unitrunker for ProVoice, can now track and decode on just one laptop, Thank you for this!

jakkemate

Thank you binome, Working the same than ubuntu in W7 Main board Asus P5B deluxe and Icom rig.
Now i can use one computer for all.

That´s great. Thank you!

Sorry about my english (i´m spanish)

Mine seems to be working well but I can't seem to get the input level to go above 15-30%. If I could get it up to the 40-60% range as reccomended I think I'd get better decoding.

I've tried adjusting the line in levels in my computer's volume control, any other suggestions?

KC1UA

Scan New England Janitor/Maintenance
Database Admin
Mine seems to be working well but I can't seem to get the input level to go above 15-30%. If I could get it up to the 40-60% range as reccomended I think I'd get better decoding.

I've tried adjusting the line in levels in my computer's volume control, any other suggestions?

That level is going to vary in every different setup. I have one running that works best at 3%. I have another that works best at 20-22%. No two are ever going to be alike, I don't think.

Ok then, that makes sense. I had mine running at a pretty low level earlier and it sounded better but I saw someone on here swearing that you had to get between 40-60%.

I've got another question now though. I've noticed that at times when DSD is decoding my audio will cut out very briefly and I'll see either "Ignoring LDU2 not preceded by LDU1" or "Unknown DUID" on the command prompt. It only does this occasionally when receiving traffic but it's annoying when it does it. Any ideas what causes it?

Last edited:

cg

Premium Subscriber
Two questions
First, are the NACs accurate? If so, how do I come up with $567 reported on a channel that my 996XT reports as $167? (or $551 instead of $001)
Second, can I steer the program to a certain sound card? I want to use USB soundcards for several inputs.

chris

SCPD

QRT
Two questions
First, are the NACs accurate? If so, how do I come up with $567 reported on a channel that my 996XT reports as $167? (or $551 instead of $001)
Sounds like a bug in the display formatting of the NAC. The highest NAC is 3FF.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
When I tested DSD Windows, using my own radio that was transmitting NAC 050, it was showing the right NAC about 40-60% of the time. Sometimes it takes a bit to "settle" on the right one.

When I run DSD for windows, the command prompt window will not let me type any commands, it just sits there. Also, is a usb soundcard mandatory, or does it just help?

Status
Not open for further replies.