DSDPlus 1.071 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

KE7JHC

Question. Is there any way to disable the auto-muting feature of encrypted channels? Monitoring a ProVoice system here that is not encrypted, yet DSD+ randomly auto-mutes the audio, sometimes multiple times during a single transmission.

funbob

Question. Is there any way to disable the auto-muting feature of encrypted channels? Monitoring a ProVoice system here that is not encrypted, yet DSD+ randomly auto-mutes the audio, sometimes multiple times during a single transmission.

Same problem here. Passing the VAC audio from UT, where I've already got the encrypted TG's locked out, and it's going crazy auto muting and unmuting the clear audio, rendering it unusable. Have to stay on 1.51 until this is resolved.

garys

Premium Subscriber
A file called DSDPlus.events , you can open it with notepad

Thanks. That makes sense. IIRC, I'll have to shut down the program to do that. I just got back home and I'm going to RTFM so I have a better idea of what the new version will do and how to do it.

garys

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know how to donate to get on the update list?

I'm having some fun playing around with aliases for Talk Groups. Once I figure out a bit more, I'll start playing with individual radio aliases, frequencies, and so on. Very nice additions to the program.

I notice now that instead of just "DMR" the system type is more specific. However, the same frequency has been identified as "DMR" "Cap+", and "Con+". Which might just be because of the varying signal strength of this particular site.

More playing around tomorrow when I have some spare time.

Nice, very nice.

Last edited:

DSDPlus

No NEXEDGE aliases at all here. If there is some command to enable it now I can't find it.
Issues with NEXEDGE radio aliases have been addressed in DSDPlus 1.072

Bug found??
In v1.051 when you close the 'Channel Activity' window, it will close.
In v1.071 when you close the 'Channel Activity' window, the program closes down.
The event and channel windows are required for correct operation. Closing them will close the entire application.

DSDPlus

This problem is usually caused by poor decoding. Tuning the advanced decoder options should help. Also, DSDPlus 1.072 adds user controls to enable or disable the auto muting function. It is available for download.

I'm having some fun playing around with aliases for Talk Groups. Once I figure out a bit more, I'll start playing with individual radio aliases, frequencies, and so on. Very nice additions to the program.

I notice now that instead of just "DMR" the system type is more specific. However, the same frequency has been identified as "DMR" "Cap+", and "Con+". Which might just be because of the varying signal strength of this particular site.
Voice channels do not broadcast any trunking information - like system ID and so forth. When monitoring Cap+, Con+ or NEXEDGE trunking systems, use FMP and its scan list to scan all site channels, including rest and control channels. The non-voice channels will provide the system information that DSD+ needs to accurately display system type as well as to create proper group and radio records.

When switching from trunk system monitoring to conventional channel monitoring, use the 'F'orget system information active key to force DSD+ to discard any stored trunked system information.

Saulius

There is new feature to see NEXEDGE Private data calls in control channel when they occur, but I still can't get anything after tunning to that particular data call.
http://i.imgur.com/IApDqfL.png
Does this "PRIVATE" mean that those data calls are encrypted?

moj

Hi Dsdplus !

On my idas system that I,m trying to monitor it now appears as encrypted group call TG3-1991 RID =3-535 CH=3 ALG = SC , what is sc cause I cant find it in any of the text files ?

thanks in advance ;)

lew247

I've literally today started trying out dsd with SDRPlay, it works great
Above it said "DSDPlus 1.072 adds user controls to enable or disable the auto muting function."
How do you enable ot disable the auto muting function?
And is there any way to get that FPM working with sdrplay?

nd5y

When switching from trunk system monitoring to conventional channel monitoring, use the 'F'orget system information active key to force DSD+ to discard any stored trunked system information.
If you close and then restart the program will it forget system information?

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Hi Dsdplus !

On my idas system that I,m trying to monitor it now appears as encrypted group call TG3-1991 RID =3-535 CH=3 ALG = SC , what is sc cause I cant find it in any of the text files ?

thanks in advance ;)

SC would be Scramble.

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
According to dsdplus.txt, AirSpy is being worked on as an FMP upgrade and would fall under the DSD+ Fast Lane program ($donation) at first.

My understanding is that most if not all of the Fast Lane items will end up in a public release - and since public releases would only come a couple of times a year, one might benefit from interim releases [via Fast Lane] with [my] presumption that those interim Fast Lane releases would have alpha support for many features before one would ever see those features in a public release.

Mike

slicerwizard

There is new feature to see NEXEDGE Private data calls in control channel when they occur, but I still can't get anything after tunning to that particular data call.
Wouldn't the data call be over by the time you tuned to the traffic channel?

http://i.imgur.com/IApDqfL.png
Does this "PRIVATE" mean that those data calls are encrypted?
Private should mean radio to radio - the opposite of "Group"

Status
Not open for further replies.