DSDplus 1.101 question

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonbounce

I have DSDplus 1.101 running on two laptops with different FMP Scan display pictures. On one computer the noise line and signal line is in the middle of the display and on the other laptop it is at the bottom of the display.
It doesn't matter which RTL dongle I use, the results are the same. Just wondering if this is caused by the different computer models or is it a setting I am missing.

Tks
MB

M105

Are you running identical .bat files to load FMP on both machines? Are both monitors set at the same resolution? Screenshot?

moonbounce

Same bat file I did change the the resolution to equal one and other. One computer has an i5 processor the other has a dual core.but either computer cpu and ram are far from being taxed.

M105

Interesting. With the same version of windoze and everything set the same it would seem they would look the same. Only other thing that comes to mind is the FMP.cfg file. You might compare those.

slicerwizard

I have DSDplus 1.101 running on two laptops with different FMP Scan display pictures. On one computer the noise line and signal line is in the middle of the display and on the other laptop it is at the bottom of the display.
It doesn't matter which RTL dongle I use, the results are the same. Just wondering if this is caused by the different computer models or is it a setting I am missing.
And this is tuning to the exact same frequency and using the exact same antenna? If so, I'd verify that the exact same version of FMP is running on both PCs. If it is, then I'd say that more noise is getting into the dongles from the one laptop or some nearby device.

moonbounce

And this is tuning to the exact same frequency and using the exact same antenna? If so, I'd verify that the exact same version of FMP is running on both PCs. If it is, then I'd say that more noise is getting into the dongles from the one laptop or some nearby device.
nm

That would make sense as the computer that the signal and noise indicator lines that sit in the middle of the display has to be turned off if I want to watch TV. It is near a TV that is is hooked up to an antenna and if I don't shut the computer off then I will not get a signal from the antenna to the TV
( on one channel only, but the one I use it for.). If i use the other computer near same TV I have no problem that computer has the signal and noise indicator lines are at the bottom of the display.)

MB

moonbounce

New twist, I switched my outside antenna and replaced it with another. Now the computer that had the signal and noise indicator lines at the bottom of the display, now have the lines in the middle of the display. So now the two computers are equal. My next question is what is the normal for these lines.

MB

slicerwizard

The line is the noise floor. What's normal depends on where you live and what band you're monitoring. It's not unusual to have the line halfway up the display if you have the gain maxed out at +50dB.

Status
Not open for further replies.