DSDPLUS 2.165 connect plus private call issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbui03

Just found a fault with dsdplus 2.165.

When a private call is intiated and either of the radios are logged in the DSDPlus.radios file, DSDPlus will add them to the list... But...

It is not adding them to a corresponding tgid as it used to do. I'm now getting a tgid of -1 followed by radio ID.

Con+, 1, -1, 359985, 50, Normal, 6, 2019/03/14 20:10, ""

It used to be the radio ID will be slotted into its actual talkgroup.

slicerwizard

When a private call is intiated and either of the radios are logged in the DSDPlus.radios file, DSDPlus will add them to the list... But...

It is not adding them to a corresponding tgid as it used to do. I'm now getting a tgid of -1 followed by radio ID.

It's not doing that here. Monitored some private calls yesterday and just checked the radio records - they still list the last talkgroup the radios used. Are you sure DSD+ saw that radio make a call on a talkgroup?

also if you lockout a Group it will lockout any private radio calls
Again, not seeing that here. Yesterday's private calls were by radios whose talkgroup was locked out, but the private calls came through fine?

mbui03

But were your radio id's already listed or are they a new input. Anything that is a new input isnt being directed. And what version of dsdplus are you using?

mbui03

They should be linked to what ever talkgroup the private call was initiated on.

S

simpilo

Private calls aren't initiated on talkgroups. They have no connection to talkgroups.
True. CC DSDplus Event Log stating in yellow font there is a private call talk group but it wont monitor it. It only tells you its there.

The only way to monitor a private call is get employed at that agency or business in the same capacity as those who can.

mbui03

That made no sense. Dsdplus decodes private dmr calls... so I can't understand what your point is about being employed by such company...

mbui03

Well ok... might not be for you but there are other people and reasons why they listen to private calls...

Give you an example. The company I monitor does very little in group calls, the majority is done through private calling. I was in the process of compiling a list of radio id's through dsdplus to then transfer onto a ubcd436pt.

Due to it being on a connect plus system there are also 3 other companies that do a small amount of private calling therefore having the radio on Id search is not an option...

But cheers for your input!

S

simpilo

Yes Cap+ and Con+ are DMR but they are trunked and it won't monitor private calls on trunked DMR systems as these. I dont get to listen to private calls on either system on DSDPlus 1.65 fastlane even though they appear in yellow font on dsdplus event log.

I wont call it a bug either. Wait till the next release see if they make private calls work on the two types of systems. It very well could be incomplete and not a bug.

mbui03

Bud. If you are using 1.65 then you are using really old software. Dsdplus fastlane is at 2.165 and it does decode private calls. You may want to seriously consider updating... you're really far behind

S

simpilo

Bud. If you are using 1.65 then you are using really old software. Dsdplus fastlane is at 2.165 and it does decode private calls. You may want to seriously consider updating... you're really far behind
Typo 2.165 too late to edit. Still it will decode but it wont pass them private calls through.

slicerwizard

Yes Cap+ and Con+ are DMR but they are trunked and it won't monitor private calls on trunked DMR systems as these. I dont get to listen to private calls on either system on DSDPlus 1.65 fastlane even though they appear in yellow font on dsdplus event log.
Don't think I'd call that yellow text. And DSD+ tunes/decodes PCs just fine here. What's different on your end?

/brokenRecord

PC.png

Status
Not open for further replies.