DSDPlus 2.84 RELEASED

Status
Not open for further replies.

W5RGP

Put START before each line you want to run. I.E. "START FMP24,,,". Also, it may not matter, but typically its run in this order:

FMP (control)

DSD (control)

FMP (voice)

DSD (voice)

Yep that’s how I do my batch files

I’ve got several so I don’t have to go change things around to listen to different systems

Like localnxdn.bat
And a dmr.bat for our local electric company
And several others

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

DaveNF2G

Just catching up.

I don't have 2.84 yet, either, but I'm pretty close to the end of the alphabet. I remember being in the P-Z group throughout grade school and junior high and waiting for things. :)

I don't use batch files for FMP/DSD+ any more. I have setups for several local systems of assorted types, so I put shortcuts on the desktop. Originally, my shortcuts were to batch files in the appropriate subdirectories. Then I realized I could just use the batch file command line, prefixed with the full path, to build a shortcut directly to FMP24 or DSDPlus.

D

DaveNF2G

I forgot the third thing I was going to mention.

For editing batch files, I use Notepad++ now.

Phillipsc84

Premium Subscriber
For anyone who is interested a good program for keeping it all clean is ConEmu. It is a tanner command line program that lets you run multiple command prompt instances in one tabbed window. It’s free to download and easy to use. I recommend it for anyone wanting to reduce the amount of individual windows open to run DSDPlus.

garys

Premium Subscriber
I wonder if it's end of the alphabet for your name or you email address. My name is near the end of the alphabet, but the email address I use is close to the beginning. I seem to get my new Fastlane versions in the early wave.

Just catching up.

I don't have 2.84 yet, either, but I'm pretty close to the end of the alphabet. I remember being in the P-Z group throughout grade school and junior high and waiting for things. :)

I don't use batch files for FMP/DSD+ any more. I have setups for several local systems of assorted types, so I put shortcuts on the desktop. Originally, my shortcuts were to batch files in the appropriate subdirectories. Then I realized I could just use the batch file command line, prefixed with the full path, to build a shortcut directly to FMP24 or DSDPlus.

Dufus

Wonder why the owner doesn't just email them at once? Does the software 'phone home' ? I noticed my name and email in one of the windows, was wondering how that got there.

Phillipsc84

Premium Subscriber
Wonder why the owner doesn't just email them at once? Does the software 'phone home' ? I noticed my name and email in one of the windows, was wondering how that got there.

To my knowledge it has your name and email to prevent someone from sharing with non fast lane members. This way one person won’t pay the cost and then start sharing it openly for everyone to download.

AK4FD

Catawba County, NC — FF/EMT, COML, AUXC, Skywarn
Premium Subscriber
To my knowledge it has your name and email to prevent someone from sharing with non fast lane members. This way one person won’t pay the cost and then start sharing it openly for everyone to download.

That is correct, each version (if you are a FastLane subscriber) has your Subscriber Name and eMail address, which is viewable when you first run your DSD command it displays it. So you can't just copy another person's files and use them yourselves. I haven't received the new update either, even checked the SPAM folder... I assume it takes so long because each version is tailored to individual subscriber names (hence the start of my paragraph here) has to be put in each version that is eMailed.

David

Attachments

• Capture1.jpg
    Capture1.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 1,020
Last edited:

CanesFan95

Is there any kind of a search delay for trunking systems? As your voice dongle hops around to different active talk groups, there's no delay before it jumps to the next thing. It would be nice if we had a delay setting to make it stay on a talk group for a few seconds after someone unkeys.

Dufus

my ID shows up when I run the VC bat, in the event log. last release was 12/25, got my copy on the 28th so I should be getting the new one soon. lol can't wait to see if it's a big of a resource hog as this version. thanks

DRL-XM43

Is there any kind of a search delay for trunking systems? As your voice dongle hops around to different active talk groups, there's no delay before it jumps to the next thing. It would be nice if we had a delay setting to make it stay on a talk group for a few seconds after someone unkeys.

I agree! I sent in a request for a WAIT=xx command similar to the DELAY=xx command which is used in the scan list giving a delay for a response.

I scan multiple DMR and NXDN etc control channels so a brief listen before moving on would be great - This feature would give complete control of scanning behaviour to the user (where it belongs)

I don't think this idea is the same thing... but I would love it.

Anyway I would much appreciate if this feature is considered in a future release.

Here's hoping....

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
First time this ever happened. No worries tho, it was renamed and unzipped as usual with no hiccups.

Totally love the data file error checker. I had a 2 freqs where there was a "," instead of a "." .

But I did run into something. When using Fmp24, I have a scanlist thats a mix of AM (airband) P25 and Motrbo. I was scanning and decided I wanted to monitor a Con+ system. When I typed the freq into Fmp24, Fmp24's mode was stuck on AM. I guess I hit enter when it was on an airband freq. Is there a way to toggle AM to FM?

W5RGP

I scan multiple DMR and NXDN etc control channels so a brief listen before moving on would be great - This feature would give complete control of scanning behaviour to the user (where it belongs)

I have been wondering how to setup dsd to listen to more then 1 site at a time and now I got the gears turning in my head lol

So you have a scanlist of control ch’s and have it scan those for a multi site nxdn system?

DRL-XM43

I have been wondering how to setup dsd to listen to more then 1 site at a time and now I got the gears turning in my head lol

So you have a scanlist of control ch’s and have it scan those for a multi site nxdn system?

Yes, I prefer having a scanlist per type of control channel like a group of DMR or NXDN or CAP+ and so forth although of course they could be mixed..

Status
Not open for further replies.