DSDPlus 2P29 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DaveNF2G

Hasn't arrived here yet. I was about to post a thread with observations about tracking IDAS using the example batch files from one of the trunking.txt files not working as expected. Now that there is a new version out, I will have to test it on that before reporting anything.

slicerwizard

Now I'm wondering what these functions are for:

A/a Adjust AMBE unvoiced audio level
M/m Cycle raw source audio monitoring mode
I/i Adjust IMBE unvoiced audio level
From the 1.101 changes.txt file:

Code:
  DSD+: Control of AMBE and IMBE unvoiced audio levels has been added

-UA<num>    AMBE unvoiced speech level (0-100) [-UA50]
    -UI<num>    IMBE unvoiced speech level (0-100) [-UI50]

pressing 'A'/'a'/'I'/'i' will also adjust the levels;
    lower levels may reduce the "underwater" sound of some comms
Try zero vs 100. I'd imagine they sound different. I've never needed/used it.

And from the fastlane changelog:

Code:
DSD+ 1.114 New Features
-----------------------

DSD+: Added raw source audio monitoring modes

The -m<num> command line option and the M/m active keys select one of the five
          available monitoring modes:

0: never monitor

disables raw source audio monitoring

1: monitor if no sync and a signal is present (**)

enables monitoring if DSD+ is not detecting known sync patterns
                 AND noise content is low enough to indicate the presence of a signal

2: monitor if no sync

enables monitoring if DSD+ is not detecting known sync patterns

3: monitor if no voice

enables monitoring if DSD+ is not processing voice frames

4: always monitor

enables full time raw source audio monitoring

** Mode 1 requires a true flat audio source.
               If the signal is filtered, mode 1 will always unmute the raw audio.
               Narrow RF bandpass filters will also not work well with mode 1.
               Use 9 to 12 kHz bandpass filtering for best mode 1 operation.

Mode 1 has been tested with the newest versions of FMP, FMP24 and FMPA.

Mode 1 should also work with other SDR programs and with discriminator taps,
               but no testing has been performed with these sources.
I use mode 1 a fair bit while searching the bands. DSD+ will "unmute" on analog comms and any digital modes it doesn't recognize. Definitely handy.

do they send it out in waves? i haven't gotten mine yet
That's what they've stated in the past.

OHIOSCAN

DSD Error

Dsd runs couple minutes and I get this error after new fastlane update.

Attachments

• DSD_VC.229 ERROR.jpg
    DSD_VC.229 ERROR.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 1,385

mtindor

OH/WV DB Admin
Database Admin
Over five years after Phase II systems started shipping, and still no support for it in DSD+. The software supports TDMA for both X2 and DMR, yet even after some of us have submitted Phase II technical documents and raw voice channel samples well over a year ago, still no progress on that front. Disappointing to say the least.

Mike

Last edited:
D

DaveNF2G

I got my new Fastlane release late last night, or maybe it was early this morning. :)

So far, so good. A couple of things are still not as expected. Please understand that I am not classifying this as a bug report. My expectations of what should be happening could be in error. The documentation is now spread over at least 4 different textfiles, covering the original instructions, the changes, and two documents covering how to do trunking.

Specifically, I am observing some inconsistencies with what the trunking2.txt file tells me to expect when tracking NXDN/IDAS.

The local IDAS network has several sites, each of which has 4 or 5 repeaters. I have no problems with tracking channel grants or identifying talkgroups. However, the instance of DSDPlus that is in the CC role is decoding voice transmissions and sending them to the speakers. It is also controlling the voice following instance of FMP24, which in turn is sending data to the VC instance of DSDPlus, which is also sending decoded voice to the speakers.

It seems to me that IDAS does not require the second set of FMP/DSDPlus at all.

All trunktracking remains within the initial site. If there is any "roaming" I don't see it happening. As IDAS behaves a lot like LTR-Regular, this is not too surprising.

The -e command line option apparently was removed for v2.18 at the latest, but I don't see mention of it in the change logs. I just got an "invalid parameter" message when executing a batch file that used the command.

RayAir

As always, thank you to the developers for their continuous improvement efforts.

I have the latest up and running, no hitches so far.

With the last version, I had something peculiar happen. I was in a low signal area trying to decode a digital signal (not tetra). It had many errors but at the bottom of the Event Log window, it said "TETRA".

I do not see TETRA as being supported for decode, yet. But clearly DSD+ indicated TETRA in the event log. So is TETRA decoding in development for a future release?

Thanks and Merry Christmas.

Z36DIK

Download

I see DSDPlus 2P29 in the mail this morning. Thanks for the Christmas update Santa. I am on the road and away from my setup so not able to really try it out. I am a little disappointed that P25 Phase II is not supported yet. Maybe next year.

Where can be downloaded DSD+ 2.29 ?

thanks

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
Minor issue here, but running this using the DSD+ plug-in for SDR# no longer works, or I'm missing something.

I believe someone other than the folks at DSDPlus make the plugin but same here, invalid parameter dr1. * I will launch dsd manually and then enable it in sdrsharp) If you play around in decoder options, and change rolloff filter from zero to 3, the new error will reference dr3

Last edited:

kh6sz

Premium Subscriber
I believe someone other than the folks at DSDPlus make the plugin but same here, invalid parameter dr1. * I will launch dsd manually and then enable it in sdrtrunk) If you play around in decoder options, and change rolloff filter from zero to 3, the new error will reference dr3

Here is an excerpt from the Notes file for DSD+2p29:

DSD+ 2.29

The -dr and -dh command line options have been removed

It does not give a reason.

Benkasey

Premium Subscriber
Minor issue here, but running this using the DSD+ plug-in for SDR# no longer works, or I'm missing something. It is because the -dr command has been removed. I see an invalid parameter error and then the attempt to run DSD+ closes. Interestingly in the config of the plug-in I don't see any reference to the -dr command so it's getting shoved in there somewhere else.

Running it manually works fine, of course. Either I'm missing something or the plug-in needs to be updated.

Thanks DSD+ folks. Again, I'll state that anyone serious about monitoring and investigating these digital system owes it to themselves to get on the Fast Lane program. The small price is well worth it!
I have the same problem with the DSD+ SDR# plugin no longer working. I tried changing all the plugin options but cannot stop the "invalid command line parameter -dr0".

This plugin is really useful as I can quickly switch between listening to analog and digital broadcasts. Unless and until one of the software authors, either the Russian guy who wrote the plugin 2+ year's ago or the DSDplus guy modifies the flag, I am stuck using the 218 version of DSD Plus.

Does anyone know if there is a way to make SDR# send audio output simultaneously to both the sound mixer and virtual audio. Filtered audio for the mixer and unfiltered for DSD Plus?

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
It turns out that removing the -dr and -dh parameters also renders DSDTune inoperable. That's a shame, hopefully the author of that handy utility can release an updated version that is compatible.

slicerwizard

Hello to all
you can put the map of LRRP "full screen" on the PC monitor ??
Thank you
Hm, you can drag the lower right corner to change its size.

I have the same problem with the DSD+ SDR# plugin no longer working. I tried changing all the plugin options but cannot stop the "invalid command line parameter -dr0".

This plugin is really useful as I can quickly switch between listening to analog and digital broadcasts. Unless and until one of the software authors, either the Russian guy who wrote the plugin 2+ year's ago or the DSDplus guy modifies the flag, I am stuck using the 218 version of DSD Plus.
If you select monitoring mode #1 (monitor source audio if no sync patterns detected and a signal is present) in DSD+, all analog and digital comms are heard through DSD+. Any signal source should work - a tapped scanner, SDR#, FMPA, FMP24, etc.

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
I have used DSDPlus off and on and am a FastLane member. Downloaded ver 2.29 and seems to work fine on P25 and NXDN conventional. Never really read the "help files" but want to learn about all the commands and bat files for DSD and FMP. I think the command is DSDPlus -h
I opened up a command prompt, typed in DSDPlus -h and got nothing.
Next, I made a text file, entered DSDPlus -h, then changed to .bat extension, and put in DSDPlus folder. Ran that batch file, but transient window that quickly closed, and not the "help" file. Looked for help folder in DSDPlus 2.29 but do not see.
So can someone please inform me how to access the help file using DSDPlus -h. Where do I enter that? Thank you very much. Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas, Hanukah, or whatever you may celebrate.

morfis

I have used DSDPlus off and on and am a FastLane member. Downloaded ver 2.29 and seems to work fine on P25 and NXDN conventional. Never really read the "help files" but want to learn about all the commands and bat files for DSD and FMP. I think the command is DSDPlus -h
I opened up a command prompt, typed in DSDPlus -h and got nothing.
Next, I made a text file, entered DSDPlus -h, then changed to .bat extension, and put in DSDPlus folder. Ran that batch file, but transient window that quickly closed, and not the "help" file. Looked for help folder in DSDPlus 2.29 but do not see.
So can someone please inform me how to access the help file using DSDPlus -h. Where do I enter that? Thank you very much. Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas, Hanukah, or whatever you may celebrate.

Pipe the help info to a text file from your batch file eg:

DSDPlus -h >>dsd-fast-help.txt

Status
Not open for further replies.