DSDPlus 2P29 Released

Status
Not open for further replies.

AA6IO

Premium Subscriber
morfis
Thanks for reply. I tried entering DSDPlus -h >>dsd-fast-help.txt with spacing between Plus and -h and >>, then without spacing, etc into cmd prompt. Nothing. Then took bat file, edited to your advice, saved txt back to bat. and tried opening within DSDPlus 2.29 folder to no avail. I will play around a bit with this and see if can get to work. By the way, I am using Windows 7. Thank you very much.

kb9hgi

Feed Provider
I just got a SDR for christmas and I installed SDsharp where do I get DSD for the digital stuff. I did a google and I get dead links that gets me nowhere.

KD8DVR

It turns out that removing the -dr and -dh parameters also renders DSDTune inoperable. That's a shame, hopefully the author of that handy utility can release an updated version that is compatible.
He'd need to keep the version that works with the free version, most of us still use. He's usually fast with changes...but I wonder if he will wait for the official release.

AntiSquid Disclaimer: All posted content is personal opinion only and may not imply fact or accusation.

KA2ZEY

I'm a fast track supporter and big fan of DSDPlus. I really wish we could have a user friendly GUI version in the future. I still don't quite understand all the stuff you need to do with text files and setting up trunk systems, etc. I only use it with SDR# for decoding at this point.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
He'd need to keep the version that works with the free version, most of us still use.

An updated version of dsdtune that doesn't run the -dr and -dh parameters would still work just fine with 1.101, so that's not really an issue.

What is an issue is that those parameters have been removed from 2.29, so dsdtune won't run at all now, since 2.29 no longer recognizes them.

OHIOSCAN

Crash

Same problem here. Just started to decode P25 and that showed up. (restarted the program and it worked fine again)

Mine continues to randomly crash, have to revert back to 2.18 until I can figure it out our patch comes out.

Anybody know a way to generate error log for developers?

KD8DVR

An updated version of dsdtune that doesn't run the -dr and -dh parameters would still work just fine with 1.101, so that's not really an issue.

What is an issue is that those parameters have been removed from 2.29, so dsdtune won't run at all now, since 2.29 no longer recognizes them.

OK, well, that would be good.. UNLESS, 1.101 still would benefit from those settings being adjusted...I don't know what code was changed.

mwaldron

No connectivity between FMP and DSD+

I haven't used DSD in quite a long time, but the e-mail announcing the recent fast ring release prompted me to get back to it.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong so I figured I'd ask if anyone here can point out the obvious part I'm missing.

I'm using RTL-SDRs, and I have the proper driver installed. FMP sees and tunes my RTL-SDR properly. I see signals on it's spectrum analyzer and I see channel activity on the audio analyzer portion.

When I start DSDPlus, it doesn't seem to get any audio from FMP. The VC Source Audio window remains blank, with a slightly darker blue line in the middle.

I'm going to paste the outputs of the commands below in case there is anything useful. I'm running Win10 Pro, Anniversary Update.

Thanks in advance!

-Mike

Here are the command line parameters I'm passing to FMP and DSDPlus:

Commands said:
FMP.EXE -i1 -o20001 -f147.105
DSDPlus.EXE -i127.0.0.1:20001 -g250 -o1 -rv -fa

I thought it might be a firewall issue, so I added exceptions for both binaries. When that didn't work I disabled the firewall entirely and still had no success.

FMP said:
FMP rev 1.4t

SDR sampling rate = 1.008 MHz
Spectrum window width: 512
FFT size: 32,768
Spectrum update rate: 10 Hz
Step size table: 5.000 6.250 7.500 12.500 15.000 25.000
DSD+ path: '.'
Primary frequency list: '.\FMP-FreqList.csv'
Secondary frequency list: '.\FMP-FreqList2.csv'
Database search distance: 99.90 miles
Base latitude/longitude: 19.7163 -155.6241
Using RTL SDR device #1
Using TCP port #20001
Initial frequency set to 147.105000 MHz
SDR device count=1
Found Rafael Micro R820T tuner
Found Rafael Micro R820T tuner
Tuner type=5 (R820T)
Sampling rate set to 1.008000 MHz
Exact sample rate is: 1008000.009613 Hz
RF gain set to 49.6 dB
frequency correction factor = 0.0 PPM
No frequency data files found
Listening on TCP port 20001
Accepted connection from localhost on port 50383
TCP error = 10035
[A non-blocking socket operation could not be completed immediately]

Listening on TCP port 20001

DSDPlus said:
DSD+ 2.29
Setting output audio gain to 250.000
Program role is voice channel decoder; audio modes set to mono
Appending synthesized audio to file 'VC-DSDPlus.wav'
Current working directory is "D:\DSDPlus2p29"
0 frequency records loaded
0 radio records loaded
0 group records loaded
0 site records loaded
0 network records loaded

Assuming FMPA/FMP24 is signal source; auto polarity detect is disabled

Initiating TCP connection to 127.0.0.1:20001...
Connected to 127.0.0.1:20001
audio output device #1 = 'Speakers (High Definition Audio'
audio output device #2 = 'Digital Audio (S/PDIF) (High De'
audio output device #3 = 'Headphones (High Definition Aud'

audio output device #1 (Speakers (High Definition Audio) initialized

Fusion decoding enabled
D-STAR decoding enabled
NXDN4800 decoding enabled
NXDN9600 decoding enabled
DMR/MotoTRBO decoding enabled
P25 Phase 1 decoding enabled
X2-TDMA decoding enabled
ProVoice decoding enabled

Mono audio decoding initiated; press Esc to exit...

dave3825

Premium Subscriber
I haven't used DSD in quite a long time, but the e-mail announcing the recent fast ring release prompted me to get back to it.

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong so I figured I'd ask if anyone here can point out the obvious part I'm missing.

I'm using RTL-SDRs, and I have the proper driver installed. FMP sees and tunes my RTL-SDR properly. I see signals on it's spectrum analyzer and I see channel activity on the audio analyzer portion.

When I start DSDPlus, it doesn't seem to get any audio from FMP. The VC Source Audio window remains blank, with a slightly darker blue line in the middle.

I'm going to paste the outputs of the commands below in case there is anything useful. I'm running Win10 Pro, Anniversary Update.

Thanks in advance!

-Mike

Here are the command line parameters I'm passing to FMP and DSDPlus:

I thought it might be a firewall issue, so I added exceptions for both binaries. When that didn't work I disabled the firewall entirely and still had no success.

Mike,

FMP.EXE -i1 -o20001 -f147.105
DSDPlus.EXE -i127.0.0.1:20001 -g250 -o1 -rv -fa

dsd input 127.0.0.1:20001 ?

I never saw that before. try without the ip, just the port 20001
DSDPlus.EXE -i20001 -g250 -o1 -rv -fa

CanesFan95

I'm noticing that if you trunktrack a Connect Plus system with 2 dongles, the radio ID doesn't change when a new radio keys up during the repeater hang time. If someone keys up after the repeater/slot drops, then DSD+ shows the new radio ID. But if there's a conversation where everyone is keying up fast enough during the repeater/slot hang time and the voice path doesn't change, the radio ID in the Channel Activity stays the same. It also stays the same in the Event Log and the timer just keeps counting more seconds instead of showing a new transmission.

Status
Not open for further replies.