DSDPlus - missing file content

Status
Not open for further replies.

LimaZulu

I've "experienced" something weird today. I ran DSDPlus (public version) as usual - batch file with everything included, and immediately saw something strange. All priorities that were preset are gone, then I saw that all TgtAlies weren't there also. I then navigated to dsdplus folder and I did open DSDPlus.groups and DSDPlus.radios but they were all empty like DSDPlus was never used. I had few commented lines which were there, but all the info that DSDPlus records itself was gone. All other files like DSDPlus.networks and DSDPlus.sites are all OK, no "damage". So, the question is, what could possibly gone wrong?

LimaZulu

Well that's weird, but I'll know it from now on :)
Used dsdplus so long and that's first time I've seen this.
Manged to get those files from a friend of mine who monitors the same network, so it wasn't a big loss but still a loss :) Will maintain backup of those files from now on. I even thinking of creating some batch script (or something like that) that runs together with dsdplus and will do regular backup over my network storage

Rotella

Would you please elaborate as to what these files are and where they are found? Also how to backup?
Just got my setup working tonite, so thank you for any help.

LimaZulu

Those files are located in DSDPlus folder. Most of them are automatically populated by DSD when you tune it to a frequency. Others, like dsdplus.frequiencies, must be manually edited in order to DSD work properly. All of them have info how to be edited. Just open them with notepad and read the instructions.

DSDPlus.frequencies - this must be edited manually if you want to do trunking. You have to fill in protocol, channel number, frequency etc.

DSDPlus.groups - it is populated automatically by dsd itself when you tune in to a frequency, but also it can me manually edited. It contains protocol, group, priority, hits etc. In general you may be interested in editing only priority and name of the groups

DSDPlus.networks - it contains protocol, networkID, "network name". It is manually edited file. You may give names to the networks you are monitoring

DSDPlus.radios - it contains protocol, networkID, group, radio, priority, override, hits, timestamp, "radio alias". It is automatically populated by dsd itself but can me manually edited also. Most of the networks do send over the air radio alias, but some of them don't (like radio amateur networks). This is the place where you can give names to a certain radio ID's

DSDPlus.sites - it contains protocol, networkID, siteNumber, "site name". This is manually edited file. If you are monitoring multi site network, you can describe them here

You may want to do regular backup of those files, as they contain all the info of the networks, radios and so on. Backup can me made in any way that's easier for you.
In further updates you can download the new version and paste those files in your new folder in order to keep this important information, unless if developers said not to do so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.