dsdplus p25 trunk tracking

Status
Not open for further replies.

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Yeah, if you use Unitrunker you can build multiple voice receivers, with each receiver attached to a separate dongle and piped to a separate instance of DSD+. You will also need Virtual Audio Cable to pipe the various audio streams from Unitrunker to DSD+, I think it costs $20 or $30. But with multiple Unitrunker receivers you can monitor multiple talkgroups at the same time, and DSD+ allows you to pipe audio to discrete speaker channels. So if you had a 6-channel sound card and 3 sets of speakers, you could presumably monitor 6 talkgroups simultaneously, with one talkgroup routed to each of the six speaker channels. (You would need 7 dongles total and a pretty healthy CPU to run 6 Unitrunker voice receivers at once, but it's certainly quite doable).

mattnelson26

Feed Provider
I'm really looking to run this through the FMP function so I can run trunk track and hold different channels if they're active or something major is going on.

Thanks
Matt

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
I'm really looking to run this through the FMP function so I can run trunk track and hold different channels if they're active or something major is going on.

Thanks
Matt

Well, if you used FMP/FMP24 and you have 4 dongles, you could monitor 2 talkgroups at once. You need 2 instances of FMP/FMP24 and 2 instances of DSD+ to monitor a single P-25 talkgroup. So double that for every talkgroup you wish to discreetly monitor with FMP/FMP24.

adcockfred

Is there a voice recognition software that can recognize ernest in a voice? I want to do the same thing matt does, but I am not worried about in put.

Status
Not open for further replies.