DSDPlus Dsdplus request to surpress background noise DMR/Mototrbo

Status
Not open for further replies.

LD723

Is it possible to surpress the weird/annoying background wind sounding audio in dmr when someone stops talking but is still keying up? It sounds like wind and it sometimes overcomes someone's voice on some comms usually for some reason the dispatchers. I have tried many advanced commands to reduce it's as much as possible but it is still there unfortunately.

riccom

Upstate S.C.
Premium Subscriber
That will be more on the radio end and can not be done by the listener,

Sent from my 5049Z using Tapatalk

LD723

That will be more on the radio end and can not be done by the listener,

The thing is most of the scanners and my tyt sounds fine with clear audio and no background wind noise and it happens to all units who key up and dont talk. It's on most dmr comms but I doubt dsdplus will ever come super close to sounding like an actual scanner or radio due to vocoder licenses and all that good stuff. I've done testing with the fastlane and the public release so the public release does a way better job of keeping the annoying noise to the lowest while the latest fastlane version captures lots of noise and background noise a lot more easier but has better speech quality than the public release.

riccom

Upstate S.C.
Premium Subscriber
DSD+ is a good free audio program by far, I mean one cheap used laptop, 2 sdr dongle's and DSD with unitrunker, less then 100 and works better then a tap half the time

LD723

DSD+ is a good free audio program by far, I mean one cheap used laptop, 2 sdr dongle's and DSD with unitrunker, less then 100 and works better then a tap half the time

Oh yea I agree with you a lot but I wish there can be adjustments done for voice quality decoding at least for fastlane users because on all modes I can understand a lot of things but sometimes it's hard to make out what people say sometimes and it leaves me confused especially when there is something going down like a chase nearby lol but I just hope one day it's possible for dsdplus to get vocoder license so it can sound as good as a scanner or radio if possible lol.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
I don't have any issues at all like that with DMR.....

Maybe post a recording of what you are experiencing so it can be investigated.

LD723

I don't have any issues at all like that with DMR.....

Maybe post a recording of what you are experiencing so it can be investigated.

Sure i'll send a couple in this zip file. So the problem is is that sometimes this wind noise overcomes voices at times on multiple different comms making it hard to understand at times. There is many more I can send if needed.

Attachments

• some weird dmr sounds from dsd+.zip
    153.8 KB · Views: 39
Last edited:

LD723

What kind of error rates are you receiving? That sounds like bad decode, not wind noise.

Suprisingly none at all since the station is less than a mile away so good strong signals never any errors and I've done a few tests of my own using my tyt md 380 and I only keyed up without talking and the wind noise was present aswell and more background noise was present too. So other problems besides the wind noise would be amplified background noise that is present and overcomes some people voices. So my setup is just the sdr dongle with fmp24 TCP setup to dsdplus fastlane latest version 2.113 I never get errors unless a signal is bad like something farther out which I dont usually listen to.

Last edited:

LD723

Sorry to bump this but I am starting to listen to more dmr comms near me and it seems lots of the users and dispatchers have the noise on dsdplus but on my tytera which is only set to receive on those frequencies does not have the background hissing noises and I have the latest fastlane version 2.155. The hissing noises appear on other programs using the mbelib vocoder like the old dsd and dsdcc but the hissing noises are not as loud but still noticeable on those programs too.

EarHoles

Try Noise filter 2 on FMP24. I find the speech is clearer when listening to comms in vehicles when monitoring CON+/mototrbo sites.

LD723

Try Noise filter 2 on FMP24. I find the speech is clearer when listening to comms in vehicles when monitoring CON+/mototrbo sites.
It has cleaned up it a little but the hissing noise is still their unfortunately I'll just wait until they change up the vocoder for the program hopefully :)

Status
Not open for further replies.