DSNY Snow plows ops?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeny

Hello,
Anyone know what is going on with DSNY Snow Plow operations? Did they move to new frequencies? I tried using the ones listed here on Radio Reference during the other day and heard very little activity. I live a few miles from Staten Island and could not get anything substantial, even ON the island.
Thanks!
Mike McGuire

mikeny

Hello,
Anyone know what is going on with DSNY Snow Plow operations? Did they move to new frequencies? I tried using the ones listed here on Radio Reference during the other day and heard very little activity. I live a few miles from Staten Island and could not get anything substantial, even ON the island.
Thanks!
Mike McGuire

Nevermind, I think I figured it out. It looks like they use the APCO 25 system now. I will have to see if I can get it on my other radio. If anyone still has any other info, I am still interested though.

JustLou

Nevermind, I think I figured it out. It looks like they use the APCO 25 system now. I will have to see if I can get it on my other radio. If anyone still has any other info, I am still interested though.

They're on the New York City DoITT (UHF) System now.

mikeny

Yeah, I have my Radioshack triple trunk handheld here, Looks like I will have to break out my Uniden for this one. I am gonna need to program the offset and all to get it to work properly. Right now, I am getting the band but without trunk ability. Well, maybe for the next storm...

Status
Not open for further replies.