DSP AWOL on 750?

Status
Not open for further replies.

w5cyc

I remember reading the official release from Eton a few months back about how the Satellit 750 would have DSP.

Universal Radio added the rig to their catalog with a product description a short time later and noted the radio would have DSP. Universal recently updated the 750 page in their online catalog to reflect a street price and the fact that release of the radio has been pushed back from mid-March until mid-June. But the product description on the page no longer mentions DSP capability. Without DSP AND AM sync, I'd think they'd be hard pressed to get the $300 they want on the street price.

Anyone heard anything? Is DSP a cost casualty now for the radio, or did Universal just inadvertently drop the info on DSP on their website?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I must admit I don't recall it clearly, but there was an engineering mockup of the new Eton at the Winterfest, and I think the point was made that there was no AM sync on this radio.
The radio, in form, resembles a marriage between the Sony ICF6800W series and the rotatable AM loopstick of the Panasonic RF2200. Several folks I talked to at the Winterfest made this comment.

Still though, I believe the expected price is around USD400 or thereabouts, it fills a niche in the mid priced semi portable market, assuming it performs well and doesn't have the various display and other issues their flagship E1XM has.

I guess we'll wait and see. 73 Mike

Last edited:

edmondcops

No...I know there's no sync AM. But if there's not gonna be DSP, either, I think they're gonna have a hard time selling them. And Universal is listing them at $299

Status
Not open for further replies.