Status
Not open for further replies.

jpmn4ayv

I am unable to update the DSP firmware in my WS1095. The EZ-Scan software tells me "your scanner could not be updated at this time...". I have successfully flashed the latest CPU firmware, and I have the latest version of EZ-Scan. Here's my setup:

Windows 7
EZ-Scan version 2.10, build 436.
CPU Firmware 2.5.
DSP Firmware 1.3.
Library database 472
Location database 10

The scanner is connected to COM3 on the computer. I have followed the instructions from the program and disconnected the scanner, powered it off, and reconnected to the computer (in a powered off state), but no such luck.

Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Pat

Ed6698

Not sure which way you were trying it. I came across this once before. Try running Check for All Updates and see what happens, if it does not complete try running just the Check for DSP Firmware Update.

Ed6698

From the Scanner/SD Card Tab are you able to Set Real Time Clock to Computer Time? This will at least let you know your scanner is communicating with computer.

Ed6698

I also noticed in your 1st post that you stated after you disconnect your scanner you turn it off, the scanner should not be on during this process.

jpmn4ayv

I uninstalled the EZ-Scan software application and reinstalled it from the SD card. I checked for all updates and the DSP version was current! I think I had something corrupted with the previous EZ-Scan installation. It all seems to be good now.

Very strange issue, but I'm glad it's working okay now. Thank you for lending a hand!

Status
Not open for further replies.