Dual Motorized Antenna Mounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDN_Sparks

I am wanting to upgrade the antenna mounts on my truck from manual folding to power folding. I am thinking of purchasing 2 Diamond K9000TM, and mount a Comet UHV-4 on one and a Hi-wayman 4ft CB antenna on the other. Will this setup work they want I want it too, i know I will need a an adapter for the CB to make it compatible with the NMO mount of the folder. However after more searching I find the antenna are not onlytoo long they also are overweight even before wind buffeting for the Diamond mount. I did however find another motorized mount made by Comet called the MK-30H, anyone ever used this mount? I will be attaching the mounting solution to a metal base plate that will be built in an "L" shape to attach to the front of my bedrail mounts on my Tacoma. there are pictures of the mounts in my build thread.

LtDoc

I haven't used either of those mounts but do think I'd be sort of 'conservative' on those height/weight restrictions a bit just to be on the safe side. I know there are larger motorized mounts available but have no idea where to find them.
- 'Doc

CDN_Sparks

The other Idea I am tossing around is to move to 2 dual band antennas and remove the CB radio or get another antenna configuration that will operate all the bands on my 8900 and my CB that will work with the motorized mounts.

Status
Not open for further replies.