Dumb question about the Tecsun 880

Status
Not open for further replies.

vole

Apparently this is the spot for stupid questions. I was considering buying a Tecsun PL880, but saw out in internet land that it is not able to pick up ATC. Does anyone know if that happens to be true or not? There's a pretty busy AT center a few minutes away and wouldn't want to lose out on that. Thanks much.

bob550

Premium Subscriber
You'll find answers for every type of question here! The Tecsun PL880 covers long wave, AM broadcast, and the shortwave bands, but not the VHF aircraft band. If your only interest is aircraft monitoring, then any scanner will handle the aircraft band of 118 to 136 MHz which is where you'll find what you wish to listen to. Beside this forum, a good resource to check out for scanners is https://www.scannermaster.com/default.asp. Oh, and welcome to RadioReference!

vole

Thanks bob. I got an answer from the company, and apparently the 880 doesn't cover VHF (and 660 does).

vole

Hm, don't know why I said that, considering the question had already been answered. Anyhow, I checked AZ (I have a bunch of gift cards lying around), but only saw 3rd parties that I wasn't familiar with. Durn it.

Status
Not open for further replies.