• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

Dumb Woman Pushes Fire Button

Status
Not open for further replies.
The next surprise will be the bill the gas station sends her for recharging the fire suppresion system. I know what the cost is for a telco facility, can only imagine what it would be for that gas station.

kb2vxa said:
Oh that's nothing, those two cars are totaled and the pumps are a disaster. Dry chemical powder under pressure gets into EVERYTHING!
Can't imagine it's too good for a person to inhale, either. Doesn't it also binde the oxygen in the air to help stop the fire? Gotta be hell to breath in the cloud.

Last edited:
Austin4Wyo said:
Can't imagine it's too good for a person to inhale, either. Doesn't it also binde the oxygen in the air to help stop the fire? Gotta be hell to breath in the cloud.
It appears to be a cloud of baking soda.

It is not good to breathe, but not a big problem.

The stuff works by smothering the fuel. It does not "bind" to anything.

Those cars are going to have some interesting mechanical problems, but not as bad as if it was PKP or something like it.

Austin4Wyo said:
You're thinking of a Halon system. Halon gas affects the oxygen level in the suppressed area removing one part of the fire triangle.

Dry chemical tries to do the same thing with a different method. It covers the fuel keeping the oxygen from reaching it.

Don is right, for the most part it cleans up with soap and water, tastes like sh@t. Im sure it will cost a bundle to have recharged because you buy it by the pound, and the service charge for the tech. to come out recharge the system. Reminds me of one night my son called me panicked telling me my car was on fire. I told him to get out which he was as the smoke cleared he open the trunk only to find that the extinguisher came out of the bracket and discharged into the trunk. Few hours of clean up and all was well. Can only laugh about it now. I can however see some idiot watching this and using it as a means to do a drive off at a gas station with gas prices the way they are. Hoser

Not only can she be sued for the cleanup and recharge. They can seek damages for the lost business and any other patrons their were effected can also sue her as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.