Durham TRS CC Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
Sorry for a simple question, but a buddy of mine has been living in NC for a while now and has been listening to the Durham Trunk System on his 996T and 796D that I programmed for him while he was in NY.

As of the past week, he is no longer able to receive the Durham system on his 996T which I programmed as CC Only using only 860.96250.

His 796D still receives the system fine, but I programmed ALL of the frequencies into that radio for the Durham system.

My simple question is this: Is 860.96250 still the only CC on that system - or do I need to add another alternate? Is 860.96250 still a valid freq?

Thanks for the help. I am in NY so I can't do much research except to ask the local guys for help on RR :)

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Actually funny that you ask this very question. :)
Last week I had the chance to spend an afternoon with a long time buddy of mine who heads up Communications in Durham. I toured the Radio shop, Camden Ave Tower Site as well as Durham 911. I meant to ask him for an updated list of Control Channels/Alt CCs.
I will email him now and let you know what I find out and also update the database if needed.
Thanks for the reminder!
Marshall KE4ZNR

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
Glad I could remind you...
...but in the short term - can you take a look at your scanner and let me know if 860.96250 is the current control channel?? I'm trying to troubleshoot with him and I'm a little outside of the coverage area :)

Thanks

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Glad I could remind you...
...but in the short term - can you take a look at your scanner and let me know if 860.96250 is the current control channel?? I'm trying to troubleshoot with him and I'm a little outside of the coverage area :)

Thanks

Might have to wait until first thing tomorrow A.M. :)
I live in West Raleigh and work in Durham. And since I am at home, much like you, that puts me a little outside the coverage area of the Durham TRS :D
But I do believe that 860.9625 is one of the current CCs. Every system has alternate CCs so I bet that is what the issue is here. And I should have an updated list of all CCs by tomorrow.
Happy Monitoring
Marshall KE4ZNR

w2lie

New York DB Admin
Database Admin
Actually, we programmed all the trunk frequencies over the phone into the radio and set the radio to not use CC Only and it works fine now. It looks like the CC has changed.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
Actually, we programmed all the trunk frequencies over the phone into the radio and set the radio to not use CC Only and it works fine now. It looks like the CC has changed.

Yep. He may want to also double check his TGID lists as I made some changes last week. Just wanna make sure his setup is accurate. :)
And I will still update the database with all of the site info as soon as I receive it.
Happy Monitoring
Marshall KE4ZNR

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
I wanted to answer this earlier this AM but it has been a crazy busy day at work so far.
The 4 Control Channels for Durham's TRS are:

• 860.9625Mhz (Main CC)
  • 859.9625Mhz (Alternate CC)
  • 858.9625Mhz (Alternate CC)
  • 857.9625Mhz (Alternate CC)
I have also updated the Durham TRS Database listing to include the above.
Hope this helps someone out!
Happy Monitoring!
Marshall KE4ZNR

Status
Not open for further replies.