DV-1 and Encrypted Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

SigIntel8600

Communications Receiver Nut
Premium Subscriber
Has anyone ever contacted AOR to see what their stance is on muting encrypted audio received on the DV-1?

c0ne

The DV10 behaves the same on this, Would be nice if it showed a symbol indicating its encrypted or just skipped it.

c0ne

My DV1 just puts out that R2D2 type noise when it encounters an encrypted signal
The DV10 does that randomly when its in auto mode and has nothing to do with encrypted signals but mainly false positives based on RF noise. When it encounters a encrypted signal it makes a slight humming sound, that's all.

SigIntel8600

Premium Subscriber
My DV1 just puts out that R2D2 type noise when it encounters an encrypted signal

Same here

Same here. I have a ton of Federal VHF/UHF P25 digital frequencies programmed. 98% is encrypted but once in a while traffic is the clear. The R2D2 noise is driving me bonkers. It would be nice if they were silent or skipped if encrypted.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Same here

Same here. I have a ton of Federal VHF/UHF P25 digital frequencies programmed. 98% is encrypted but once in a while traffic is the clear. The R2D2 noise is driving me bonkers. It would be nice if they were silent or skipped if encrypted.

Try programming the correct digital mode, rather than using the radio's automatic digital mode detection when monitoring frequencies that may have encryption enabled. I think it will eliminate that noise. The automatic digital mode detection mode works great but not when it's trying to cope with an encrypted signal.

slicerwizard

I don't think the DV1 or DV10 is able to recognise if a signal is encrypted or not..
If it can decode headers and pull out the talkgroup ID, there's really no reason it coudn't also pull out the encryption flag. Sounds like a silly lack of some simple coding.

woodpecker

If it can decode headers and pull out the talkgroup ID, there's really no reason it coudn't also pull out the encryption flag. Sounds like a silly lack of some simple coding.

It doesn't decode TGIDs or RIDs, this is AOR we are talking about, simple coding is beyond them, they spent 3 months changing the battery indicator from 3 bars to 4 bars on the DV10 rather than fixing bugs!

SigIntel8600

Premium Subscriber
Try programming the correct digital mode, rather than using the radio's automatic digital mode detection when monitoring frequencies that may have encryption enabled. I think it will eliminate that noise. The automatic digital mode detection mode works great but not when it's trying to cope with an encrypted signal.

Thanks I'll give that a shot

Status
Not open for further replies.