Dv4 mini

Status
Not open for further replies.

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure what you mean by "access it". It's meant to be plugged into a computer to provide a hot spot to the local area. You'd use your digital HT to talk to the rest of the world via the internet.

n9mxq

Premium Subscriber
Having just done a little research, the DV4 mini with AMBE chip and latest firmware allows you to access the networks via the computer speaker/microphone.. So I don't see why you wouldn't be able to use a tablet.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
Any software that needs to run on the computer would be the issue. Some "Windows tablets" don't run a full version of Windows and can only run specific Windows tablet apps. For example, the early Microsoft Surface tablets could only run Windows tablet apps. But, the Microsoft Surface Pro tablets have a full version of Windows 8, 8.1, or 10 and can run anything that a Windows laptop or desktop can run.

Also, the USB port might be an issue. Some Windows tablets only use the USB port for battery charging and maybe file transfer to another computer. Other Windows tablets have full-service USB ports that can interface with other devices provided the proper device driver is loaded. I can use a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 tablet to connect to my Kenwood TH-D72 handheld radio and run APRS or packet programs that access the radio's internal TNC through the USB port.

K5MPH

Brownsville Texas,On The Border By The Sea.
Any software that needs to run on the computer would be the issue. Some "Windows tablets" don't run a full version of Windows and can only run specific Windows tablet apps. For example, the early Microsoft Surface tablets could only run Windows tablet apps. But, the Microsoft Surface Pro tablets have a full version of Windows 8, 8.1, or 10 and can run anything that a Windows laptop or desktop can run.

Also, the USB port might be an issue. Some Windows tablets only use the USB port for battery charging and maybe file transfer to another computer. Other Windows tablets have full-service USB ports that can interface with other devices provided the proper device driver is loaded. I can use a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 tablet to connect to my Kenwood TH-D72 handheld radio and run APRS or packet programs that access the radio's internal TNC through the USB port.
What software are you using for your APRS using the TH-D72.....

Status
Not open for further replies.