Dwight Starcom Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jake68111

Anybody have any info on when this site (Dwight Site) might come up? I was kind of looking forward to this site going live but I don't think it has. Not sure why it only has the one freq in the database but I haven't been able to get anything else besides it in my own investigation. Any info concerning the future of this site would be greatly appreciated.

tommypickles

Site 154
Control: 852.0500
Voice: 851.6125
This site is on a water tower on the north side of town
it has a unity gain antenna and the foot print of this site is small
It mostly passes V-Com traffic ans State traffic that is in the area.
Grundy does not come up on this site.
You most likely will not hear this site in Morris unless you have an outside antenna high in the air or a beam pointed south.

tommypickles

Yes Livingston County Traffic mostly V-COM PD 2 TG 5777 mostly.
Only will hear V-COM PD 1 TG 5776 if a sheriff's officer is in the Dwight area.
As far as being added to the data base I never sent them in to an administrator

Jake68111

I do have an outside antenna well above the roof and alas, you are correct, no dice for me on that site. The database outlines the coverage as approx. 22 miles which I'd be well within. I suppose that either needs to be knocked down a bit or I just shouldn't rely on those coverage circles to be the definite. Sure would be nice though. :confused:

Thanks for the info!

cubn

Database Admin
I do have an outside antenna well above the roof and alas, you are correct, no dice for me on that site. The database outlines the coverage as approx. 22 miles which I'd be well within. I suppose that either needs to be knocked down a bit or I just shouldn't rely on those coverage circles to be the definite. Sure would be nice though. :confused:

Thanks for the info!
The range is set by the db admin to what they believe the reasonable range someone would be monitoring that site or those frequencies (for conventional systems), not necessarily reflecting how far it can be heard.

If you have a better range estimate, we can update the site so scanners like the Home Patrol will skip it unless you are closer.

Jake68111

Its nice to know that DB admins would take a members information in consideration when setting that up in the DB however, I haven't the faintest idea as to how the power output of a site is determined vs the equipment used at a site, etc. I'm just gonna ride with what the DB contains as it would fall into the "none of my business" realm. :) Thanks for that info though.(y)

Status
Not open for further replies.