Dx. What comes in when?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cj5

Yes, we have that one, but I don't believe this is set up for showing sunrise/sunset areas around the world - and for a newcomer, it might not be so simple to use. (Hint: in this context, SSN does not mean Social Security Number)

Still it's a very popular site...let's stick to the easy to use (read simple) sites to get folks feet wet and not overwhelm them. Mike

From the VOACAP site: "Note: VOACAP Online knows about the correct SSN values. Therefore DO NOT set any value to SSN, unless you want to experiment." It's really not needed, it's a matter of reading the instructions, and setting that value is used for more advanced modeling purposes, anyhow.

VOACAP's app is simple. When I first started using it I had no idea what half of the stuff on there meant. I learned A TON from using it (IMHO, it's the best way to learn. For those not willing to bother learning:

1) Select your location on the Google map on the top left by dragging and dropping the red/pinkish marker.
2) Drag and drop the blueish marker to an area on the map you might want to listen to.
3) Te circle graph to the right of the map tells you info about what percentage of circuit reliability (Circuit reliability - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) there is for the time of day in UTC, and what radio band. Basically when and where a air-wave path is premium. The higher the percentage, the better the conditions would be between the two points.
4) You can also hit the button Run prediction! and that will give you a 2 dimensional chart. THat chart is more informative, but a bit harder to read.

Hope that cleared up any difficulties in understanding my non-simplistic link.

mainetrunk

It's 2pm here in Maine, I am getting a host of shows today, quicklist
1270--dover nh--wtsn---7 miles away
1545--american music
11935 spanish?
12160 spanish?
13825-- foriegn music
15225 - foriegn
15615-church
15830-church
17615-church
2:25 is when the search stopped... Mhz by Mhz. Each of those were very clear to me, just using the rubber duck on the Alinco DJ-X11T.. I am also 150 feet above sea level, near the beach. I get all kinds of static, North South East and West..

mainetrunk

After 4 pm, with a 30 foot wire-to bnc/sma.., I get 40 readable stations from Dover NH to california and over the Atlantic to a few foriegn stations, as well as south. After 8 is even better. Rubber duckie is catching ALOT.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.