E.C.O.E.C.N. Sounds Great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

simpilo

https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=7985
0 (0) 002 (2) North OKC Oklahoma 770.55625 771.48125 772.10625c 772.98125 773.63125 774.13125 774.68125

This system sounds great. Hardly any simulcast distortion because it's the only system using the 772-775MHZ. Nice to see it active.
I did notice it mentioned APCO P25 PII but it doesn't have TDMA slots probably PI. I have also noticed someone has been adding Midwest City and Oklahoma County SO to the list of talk groups. I have yet to hear those. I wonder how they know Midwest City and Oklahoma County SO is there. I thought Oklhaom County SO opted out of this system Maybe the Sheriff changed his mind because Citizen Potawatomi Nation owns it. Maybe new management had a better plan for OCSO. Nothing new was noted.

IAmSixNine

Feed Provider
Simulcast distortion can happen on any band.
Its all in how the system is set up (multi towers using the same frequencies on each tower which can over lap one another). If your scanner can hear more than 1 of those towers then you get simulcast distortion. If your on the farthest side of the system and your scanner only picks up 1 tower then you have no issues with LSM. Assuming your also not using a SDS scanner as those will properly decode those types of systems.

EDIT Well i just looked at the system link and each of the sites is a single tower location, not multi tower so it better come in nice and clear if you are in range. There is no LSM with a system like that.

S

simpilo

Simulcast distortion can happen on any band.
Its all in how the system is set up (multi towers using the same frequencies on each tower which can over lap one another). If your scanner can hear more than 1 of those towers then you get simulcast distortion. If your on the farthest side of the system and your scanner only picks up 1 tower then you have no issues with LSM. Assuming your also not using a SDS scanner as those will properly decode those types of systems.

EDIT Well i just looked at the system link and each of the sites is a single tower location, not multi tower so it better come in nice and clear if you are in range. There is no LSM with a system like that.

I am smack dab in the middle of Oklahoma City. No problems hearing it. I use DSDPlus Fastlane 2.186 to listen.

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=7985

This system sounds great. Hardly any simulcast distortion because it's the only system using the 772-775MHZ. Nice to see it active.
I did notice it mentioned APCO P25 PII but it doesn't have TDMA slots probably PI. I have also noticed someone has been adding Midwest City and Oklahoma County SO to the list of talk groups. I have yet to hear those. I wonder how they know Midwest City and Oklahoma County SO is there. I thought Oklhaom County SO opted out of this system Maybe the Sheriff changed his mind because Citizen Potawatomi Nation owns it. Maybe new management had a better plan for OCSO. Nothing new was noted.

I know it’s Midwest City because it’s the same dispatcher/traffic as it’s other channel!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

S

simpilo

I know it’s Midwest City because it’s the same dispatcher/traffic as it’s other channel!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
All I ever see is OU Medical Police or Pottawatomie Nation Police on both sites (772.10625 and 856.7875). Still have not yet seen Midwest City Police.

HogDriver

Premium Subscriber
Not sure how they are using it but I have heard them on as late as two weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

S

simpilo

ECOECN sounds even better using @boatbod OP25 on Sparkylinux 5.8 Nibiru. There is a frequency that has popped up at 851MHZ with a TGID 0. After checking it's FCC callsign under frequencies there are no 851MHZ listed. I am not sure if the FCC has authorized 851MHZ and has not yet updated their database. See image.
***For those that don't see 856.7875 it is there on top. OP25 always puts the control channel on top. Only voice channels are listed.
op25-851.png

Status
Not open for further replies.