E-Comm Radio upgrades

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
It could be that Harris elected not to submit considering they are still (presumably) occupied with rolling out AFRRCS.

BC_Scan

E-Comm Nexgeneration 700 Mhz System

Now that we have a little more information I think we should take this opportunity to end the rumour milling and speculation about what it will be or wont be,
Firstly we know not all the towers have been rolled out yet , it is a 700 Mhz P25 Phase 2 system, so only newer scanners with P2 capabilities will scan the system, I have logged numerous tgs but they are all ENCRYPTED. Some testing in DIGITAL which sounds OK.
That being said likely the Police will utilise this, Ambulance is pushing for it we hear, Fire not so much,
Hence the choice in radio's. Now maybe those hanging on to their Moto so tightly within the area will switch over, Burnaby Fire,Pitt Meadows, Port Coquitlam, Maple Ridge ,etc (Anmore,Belcarra)
Maybe the local SAR groups will have a TG or two as they are the lead agency on the North Shore Mountains when someone is lost. As well as the Coast Guard, Trudeau wisely re-opened the Kits Coast guard base, they have a few radios now they never use any more.
Could someone turn this into a sticky for future information as it evolves please.

dwc

Database Admin
That being said likely the Police will utilise this, Ambulance is pushing for it we hear, Fire not so much,
Hence the choice in radio's.

Sounds like more rumours and speculation to me.

I have been told that everything will be encrypted.

As well, they have turned up everything in the 'Vancouver Simulcast' which covers a much larger geographical area than what we are used to with the current EDACS Vancouver site. From what I understand and verified is that this simulcast extends throughout the City of Vancouver, south into Richmond, Ladner and all the way down to Tssawassen.

Should be interesting to see how it all pans out once more traffic starts coming online...

marfree

Looks like WARS may be mothballing proprietary Provoice with P25 open standard. Is this good or bad news for all band relievers with flashed decycryption firmware?

Status
Not open for further replies.