lovescanner

i am in union county i have the sds 100

does anybody know if i would be able to get that here where is there tower

east brunswick fire plus i know south river spotswood Monroe

Search Results

Monroe

ht396jm

Premium Subscriber
You should program the Union County simulcast and the West Orange simulcast. You may or may not get a signal from the Randolph site and Rutgers site depending on where you are in Union..... I believe East Brunswick affiliates primarily to the Union County simulcast if my notes are correct.

ansky

You should program the Union County simulcast and the West Orange simulcast. You may or may not get a signal from the Randolph site and Rutgers site depending on where you are in Union..... I believe East Brunswick affiliates primarily to the Union County simulcast if my notes are correct.

I think you're confused. East Brunswick does not affiliate to either of those sites because they do not have any talkgroups on the NJICS. East Brunswick has their own trunked system that operates out of East Brunswick.
New Brunswick fire dept. (which has nothing to do with East Brunswick) does have talkgroups on the NJICS that can be heard on the Union County simulcast.

OP - why not just program East Brunswick into your scanner and see if it comes in or not. If you can pick up the control channel then you should be good.

Last edited:

ht396jm

Premium Subscriber
I think you're confused. East Brunswick does not affiliate to either of those sites because they do not have any talkgroups on the NJICS. East Brunswick has their own trunked system that operates out of East Brunswick.
New Brunswick fire dept. (which has nothing to do with East Brunswick) does have talkgroups on the NJICS that can be heard on the Union County simulcast.

OP - why not just program East Brunswick into your scanner and see if it comes in or not. If you can pick up the control channel then you should be good.

My apologies, you're absolutely right. Looking at too many posts at once.

mdsxfire

EDBM
Definitely just program it and find out, but also be aware that Monroe utilizes a different site on the east brunswick system that is further south. I would think that Monroe’s radio would work back and forth if they get closer to the actual east brunswick site but most of the time they affiliate on the Monroe tower.
On a side note I wonder how they will be affected by the whole t band issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.