East Stroudsburg School District PD Pike ID?

smorris

WX3PMC/WQWZ815/MOPA-27
Since Pike Co is now dispatching for Lehman Twp, did Pike assign ESASD PD a unique agency ID, or are they just using Juliet like they do in Monroe?

smorris

WX3PMC/WQWZ815/MOPA-27
From listening daily, have not heard the Juliet designation used. Have not heard any numeric designations I'd associate with them either.
It’s possible they’re bypassing Pike, and operating on Monroe’s system for simplicity. Most of their campuses are in Monroe.

mark40

Premium Subscriber
It’s possible they’re bypassing Pike, and operating on Monroe’s system for simplicity. Most of their campuses are in Monroe.
That sounds logical to me. Over the years, the only time I've ever heard that campus mentioned on Pike LE was a Sheriff's car calling out there.

mike4164

Premium Subscriber
Since Pike Co is now dispatching for Lehman Twp, did Pike assign ESASD PD a unique agency ID, or are they just using Juliet like they do in Monroe?
Pike county is not dispatching them, and Pike does NOT dispatch for Lehman Twp. since it is Monroe County not Pike County.

mark40

Premium Subscriber
Lehman Township IS in Pike County.

Pike County dispatches Lehman Township EMS. Pike County dispatches Bushkill Fire that is based in Lehman Township, Pike County. Bushkill FD also covers a portion of Middle Smithfield Township in Monroe County, Bushkill FD was formerly dispatched by Monroe County for many years.

Attachments

• pikemp-267566692.jpg
    pikemp-267566692.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 7

smorris

WX3PMC/WQWZ815/MOPA-27
Lehman Township IS in Pike County.

Pike County dispatches Lehman Township EMS. Pike County dispatches Bushkill Fire that is based in Lehman Township, Pike County. Bushkill FD also covers a portion of Middle Smithfield Township in Monroe County, Bushkill FD was formerly dispatched by Monroe County for many years.
According to Gary Hoffman, Pike is responsible for all 588 exchange numbers in the northeast part of Middle Smithfield, primarily the Saw Creek development.

smorris

WX3PMC/WQWZ815/MOPA-27
Pike county is not dispatching them, and Pike does NOT dispatch for Lehman Twp. since it is Monroe County not Pike County.
Pike had very bad radio reception in Lehman due to lack of infrastructure, so Monroe was responsible for Lehman for many decades. Over the years, Pike built up their system with extra sites and was able to take Lehman last year. They also got the Saw Creek portion of Middle Smithfield Twp in Monroe Co.

smorris

WX3PMC/WQWZ815/MOPA-27
Think esasd used to be on countywide when they would call in, keep listen on that frequency and see what you hear. Haven't monitored in awhile.
It’s a crap shoot. Sometimes, they use PD Countywide, sometimes South, other times, it’s Command. I was curious about whether they use any Pike channels since their North schools are in Pike. It seems, they don’t use any of them though.

mike4164

Premium Subscriber
Pike had very bad radio reception in Lehman due to lack of infrastructure, so Monroe was responsible for Lehman for many decades. Over the years, Pike built up their system with extra sites and was able to take Lehman last year. They also got the Saw Creek portion of Middle Smithfield Twp in Monroe Co.
I don't know who told you Pike added extra sites but that is 100% wrong. They did not add anything. Those sites were always there. I checked with Tim Knapp the other day.

smorris

WX3PMC/WQWZ815/MOPA-27
I don't know who told you Pike added extra sites but that is 100% wrong. They did not add anything. Those sites were always there. I checked with Tim Knapp the other day.
I read that here, on a thread. I’m trying to find it. Something was mentioned about better coverage in Lehman due to an addition of some sort. Gary Hoffman had mentioned that Pike was in a better position now. I also took that to mean equipment.