Eastern Shore

Status
Not open for further replies.

rescue674aa

I’m an idiot
Premium Subscriber
I heard today that the Eastern Shore will be switching to there VHF trunking system sometime next week. Will have all the details tomorrow.

K4APR

Not true. They did a major upgrade last year to conventional simulcast. Stayed VHF. They also upgraded all of the handhelds and mobiles from old Maxtracs/MTSX family radios to XTS/XTL2500's.

What I would like to see them do some day is go on STARS since the sites are already there and the new radios are capable.

It's a lack of money in Accomack/Northampton and keeps them from doing more.

Now the news that I'm happy to share is that at the end of the year, we'll be putting a two site UHF P25 phase II simulcasted trunking system on the air at the NASA Wallops Flight Facility. Been working on the engineering it for the last seven years and it's finally going to happen. Goodbye EDACS!

LeSueurC

IBEW Local 50
Premium Subscriber
Not true. They did a major upgrade last year to conventional simulcast. Stayed VHF. They also upgraded all of the handhelds and mobiles from old Maxtracs/MTSX family radios to XTS/XTL2500's.

What I would like to see them do some day is go on STARS since the sites are already there and the new radios are capable.

It's a lack of money in Accomack/Northampton and keeps them from doing more.

Now the news that I'm happy to share is that at the end of the year, we'll be putting a two site UHF P25 phase II simulcasted trunking system on the air at the NASA Wallops Flight Facility. Been working on the engineering it for the last seven years and it's finally going to happen. Goodbye EDACS!

If they switched to STARS, they'd have to upgrade radios... again. Been seeing more and more 6 digit RID's, which points to APX series radios.

K4APR

If they switched to STARS, they'd have to upgrade radios... again. Been seeing more and more 6 digit RID's, which points to APX series radios.

When the county replaced all of the radios with XTS/XTL series, they may not have shipped with the P25 conventional/trunking option. That would simply be a flash upgrade to the radio hardware to make them STARS capable. APX is just the successor to the XTS/XTL series. Still completely Phase I capable radios.

Status
Not open for further replies.