Easy BCD436HP question?....

Status
Not open for further replies.

ranger32b

Premium Subscriber
Unlike the 'old' scanners that had a scan button on them, the BCD436HP does not. What I am looking for is what button is it that will continue the scan when the radio has hit on a channel that is not of interest at the time and you just want the scanner to continue the scan.

Nothing to do with holding or avoiding a channel. You are listing to the radio it stops on a channel you want, but they are talking about nothing, so I want to hit a button ( scan, in the 'old days' ) and continue onwards - have looked at the easy to read manual - do not see anything in relation to this.

Thanks to all who respond........

ranger32b

Premium Subscriber
THANKS!

I'll be a monkey's uncle - it works. Certainly, a new way to do that......
THANKS to W3JMC

ranger32b

Premium Subscriber
I have had multiple scanners in the past - this is the FIRST one I have ever seen operates this way. Even looking at the top of the radio by the knob, it shows SELECT, VOL, SQ only, nothing about continuing scan. I did read the manual, however in the volume of information - it appears I may have missed the ONE LINE that tells you so. I even looked for some entry in the table of contents and appendix. Again, as no other scanner I have had has ever worked in this manner, why would I even assume the knob works in this manner? So I asked a question. Me bad.

a29zuk

I have had multiple scanners in the past - this is the FIRST one I have ever seen operates this way. Even looking at the top of the radio by the knob, it shows SELECT, VOL, SQ only, nothing about continuing scan. I did read the manual, however in the volume of information - it appears I may have missed the ONE LINE that tells you so. I even looked for some entry in the table of contents and appendix. Again, as no other scanner I have had has ever worked in this manner, why would I even assume the knob works in this manner? So I asked a question. Me bad.

You're fine. That wasn't a question that is frequently asked. I glad someone answered your question for you. I don't mind perusing the forums and answering questions.
Something about these scanner forums....you can get some cranky responses. I find the HF forums a lot friendlier.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.