• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

ebay wasteland

Status
Not open for further replies.
and yet another one:

Virginia sisters sell Illinois-shaped corn flake for $1,350 on eBay
http://www.dailyherald.com/story/?id=158771&src=109

I say more power to them (the sellers).
Successfully selling nonsense out of your home, in quantity, beats the 9 to 5 grind any day.
Nobody's twisting anyone's arm to buy.
There's a sucker born every minute.

I'm going to start looking at each and every one of my corn flakes very carefully.
The Virgin Mary must be in that box somewhere...

Last edited:
PT Barnum was so right. There is a new one born every minute. Coupled with PayPal and stolen property abuses on sleazebay, I want nothing to do with them. For the Illinois cornflake, were there any nibble marks or milk stains that would reduce its all-too-obvious value. I won't touch the Diana car - cause that would be even a new low for my warped sense of humor.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
I can buy a model car, set it on the highway for a while and achieve the same result a whole lot cheaper. If I want a REAL mash job the railroad is closer than the highway. Add a squirt of catsup, dry in the sun, all done up custom job.

Hmmm, I can get a dress out of the Goodwill box and stain it myself. Do you think I could get more money if I stick some corn flakes on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.