EBRCS Question Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

silagi

Premium Subscriber
Freescan imported it as a Mot Type 2 / P25. I changed it to P25 Standard (Digital XT). It did not make any difference. I cannot hear anyone else on the SW or E cell. Its almost like I am not receiving the signal. I live like 2 miles from the Fremont PD, so I should easily be able to pick up the signal. I have never had a reception issue before.

I am hearing Fremont PD loud and clear on the SW site from the area of Mowry and Blacow in Fremont.

mibzzer15

@Oakland_Tower , only 1 site to 1 QK. nothing is double assigned.

@silagi , that is actually very good to hear. Would you be able to send me the programming you have for EBRCS? That is if you have a 996XT or a 396XT? I will PM you with my email.

I also just got a quick 1 second peice of audio from the SW site just now. Maybe it is just a scanner setting that I have wrong.

mibzzer15

@Oakland_Tower I overlooked the fact that you also have a 996 and live in fremont lol. You think you can send me a copy of your EBRCS programming? I will PM you with email right now. Thanks.

kma371

QRT
are you programming by hand or with software?

if software, post your file and let us look at it.

mibzzer15

Here is a link to the EBRCS right off of my 996XT.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5y3wivgap7igatg/EBRCS.996

I got it for the most part to work now. I am getting a good signal and hearing a bit of FPD right now. I had to adjust my squelch, the p25 adjust level and mode. My mode was set at 11 for some reason even tho all places say default is supposed to be 3, i changed it to 3 and hearing more now. Squelch is 0 right now, and its working ok for now. The transmissions seem a bit broken and cut off part way through sometimes. Is there anything else to do to get a better reception on the software or programming side of this?

silagi

Premium Subscriber
I actually hear Fremont better on the EBRCS system from home than I did the old system. The old ALCO system always and an annoying distortion from my location at home.

neilbell

Con Fire East

I see talk groups for central and west dispatches but nothing yet for ConFire East dispatch. Anyone know why?

Neil Bell, KJ6FBA

potatoman

Thanks for the tip about the Squelch adjustment - I turned it down on my 996XT as far as possible
("01" without messing with conventional Fx's) and it made a huge difference in improving reception for both EBRCS and Oakland's P25 system! Still not great, but much better! Easy fix!!

korpseofdeath

In this attached message picture, does this mean that TG 3712 is possible an encryption talk group? Next to the Group it has "(Enc)".

Attachments

• EBCRS.jpg
    EBCRS.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 403

SCPD

QRT
It means that the transmission was encrypted, yes.

Whether or not the talkgroup utilizes encryption 100% of the time is dependent on how the system is configured. That is, a talkgroup can be strapped to encryption, or it can be user selectable on the radio.

kma371

QRT
It means that the transmission was encrypted, yes.

Whether or not the talkgroup utilizes encryption 100% of the time is dependent on how the system is configured. That is, a talkgroup can be strapped to encryption, or it can be user selectable on the radio.

I don't think any of the channels on the system have selectable encryption. its either encrypted or not. that's the way they set it up.

3712 has been encrypted every time I've see. it.

WayneH

Forums Veteran
Super Moderator
There seem to be two TG plans LE can choose. One is a basic six TG's and another is around 12 TG's. The six has two that are "strapped" as secure. Those are Investigations (TG+3) and a Tac (TG+5). The larger plan has what seems like four strapped secure TG's. TG+6, +7, +10 and +11. "TG" will be whatever the base TG number is (used for Dispatch; i.e., xx05, xx15, etc).

Last edited:

korpseofdeath

Hey everyone,

I am listening to a hazmat response in the Hayward jurisdiction. HFD is on scene and requested ALCO to send a hazmat truck. ALCO personnal BC 2, Eng 12 & HZMT 212 are en route and trying to get contact with HFD's radios. I'm wondering if any of these are EBCRS systems or not?

BC 2 is talking to dispatch, Eng 12 & 212, on what channel to turn for contact to HFD. Here is what I grasped from it.

HFD's incident is on their channel "Fire Command 3". ALCO was telling it's personnal to switch to "Command 13" for HFD's incident. I then heard the chief talking to the ENGs that if they have the old radios, go tune into "B group, VHF Channel 1". A few seconds later, he added that the new radio's would be group "Zone D".

Does anyone know any of these TG and if they happen to on the ALCO Motorola Smartnet, or EBRCS? I've looked at the database here, and EBRCS goes all the way to to ACFD CMD 12, but no CMD 13.

Thanks.

kma371

QRT
It might go to 13, we just haven't confirmed yet. that's why its not listed.

The documents I've seen, ALCO only goes up to Command 10. The other commands maybe be city related. 13 may be Hayward incidents.

Berkeley has their own commands too.

Status
Not open for further replies.