EBRCS Question Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SYZ1165

Premium Subscriber
Hello to the forum, I have been monitoring Coco west SO's for a while and have noticed that at times I only hear dispatcher transmissions and not the units in the field and other times I hear both. Is this common ?

kma371

QRT
Hello to the forum, I have been monitoring Coco west SO's for a while and have noticed that at times I only hear dispatcher transmissions and not the units in the field and other times I hear both. Is this common ?

Can you describe what it is you are hearing, the context of the transmission?

It's common practice for their dispatch to echo units status as they change on the MDC. For example, a unit might hit the "Code 4" button on their MDC to let the dispatcher know their status. The dispatcher in turn rebroadcasts that status over the radio to let the other units know. Though the unit did not psychically speak it may appear they did because the dispatcher is broadcasting a status you did not hear.

Could this be a possible explanation of what you are hearing ?

SYZ1165

Premium Subscriber
Yes, that sounds like what you have discribed in your post. When both units & dispatch talk it's loud and clear and I am in a pretty good location to monitor coco west, so I believe I'm hearing what you are talking about giving of a MDC "code 4" instead of a unit to dispatcher spoken code 4. Thanks kma371 for your help.

Danny94103

Oakland PD has recently switched to the East Bay Regional Communications System (EBRCS) several months ago (January 2017?). I just discovered this last week when talking to a Oakland PD officer. The Officer noted that his new radio cost more than everything combined on this belt including his service handgun. Today I updated my Uniden 436 using an updated Sentinel v1.07 software, downloaded updated the database and I can report that after all these years it is finally working like the old days when everything was much simpler.

The old simulcast drop-outs and interference so far has disappeared after testing it out for the last 4 hours.

Danny94103

Okay will try mobile test next.
Performed a mobile test yesterday 5 PM. Drove around North Oakland, Eastshore Fwy up to Berkeley, and returned to downtown Oakland by surface streets, was able to monitor Oakland PD and Fire clearly. So far so good.

cozmo

Premium Subscriber
NORTHWEST

Anyone know what talk group 3155 is ? I know that Berkeley PD uses the 31xx talk group #s
Heard traffic on it on Sat Apr 15 2017 all day. Don't see it posted anywhere in the database
Could this be a Berkeley PD talk group ?
Thanks.

Last edited:

cozmo

Premium Subscriber
BERKELEY

Does anyone know what channel Berkeley PD is using for the protests in their city ?

cozmo

Premium Subscriber
I've been scanning all talk groups listed for Berkeley PD and there is no traffic for the protest's.
Unless they have some secret channel or something. They could be using ch 5 but that's encrypted, so that does me no good for hearing all the action. Oh well. It is what it is I guess.

mibzzer15

What is going on with Alameda County Fires channel assignments? Fremont Fire was just dispatched to a traffic collision with rescue, but they were assigned channel "Tac 3" (which they look to also be adding that to the response list in Pulsepoint) instead of command 5 or 6 which they usually would use. Even more interesting, "Tac 3" is the old command 1 used for the city of Alameda. Does anyone have an update on channel assignents? I have been hearing this happening more and more over the last maybe week or two with multiple different responses around Alameda County.

mibzzer15

So far I can confirm this -

TGID Name
2661 Tac 3
2662 Tac 4
2663 Tac 5

It seems they've gone back to the way of using tac channels instead of command channels, and when they assign tac channels, its first come first served instead of Fremont being command 5/6, command 7 for newark/UC...etc....

Oakland_Tower

Premium Subscriber
So far I can confirm this -

TGID Name
2661 Tac 3
2662 Tac 4
2663 Tac 5

It seems they've gone back to the way of using tac channels instead of command channels, and when they assign tac channels, its first come first served instead of Fremont being command 5/6, command 7 for newark/UC...etc....

Thanks for the research. This screws up my monitoring big time. I could monitor Command 5 and only hear the big stuff in my neighborhood. Now I'll have to listen to 3 tacs and hear the other agencies as well. I think Fremont PD will dispatch the FD at some future date and that will make monitoring much more enjoyable again.

mibzzer15

Thats the only 3 tacs that I can confirm on so far. They haven't had enough incidents that I've heard yet to run up to tac 6 or more. So yeah it messes up monitoring big time...I don't really care to listen to much else other than Fremont. When I took the Citizens Academy that Fremont pd has 5 years ago they said they would be dispatching FFD soon, but....well that was 5 years ago...I'm trying to do it once more this year so maybe I'll get some updated information soon.

Oakland_Tower

Premium Subscriber
Hayward Fire

It sounds like all right now, anyone dispatched by ACRECC, including Hayward FD.

Hayward is still dispatching their own FD using TG 2255. They were dispatching on Command 13, so maybe they are using this as their Tac. I doubt they would use the county Tacs since they are dispatching themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.