EBRCS Question Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

mibzzer15

Hayward is still dispatching their own FD using TG 2255. They were dispatching on Command 13, so maybe they are using this as their Tac. I doubt they would use the county Tacs since they are dispatching themselves.

Yeah you might be right, I thought I was hearing some Hayward traffic on some different channels but I might've been wrong.

Cambion

Has anyone figured out how to get away from the dreaded issue of scanners not fully receiving this system? I don't want to use a Yagi. I tried taking about a 1/4" piece of bus wire to use as an antenna, thinking it would be nearly deaf, and yet I'll pick up radio traffic but not always the full conversation. I'm up by Muir Station Plaza in Martinez. I also saw where someone used an unofficial updated firmware and their scanner is working great. I've got the GRE PSR-500 and the factory firmware. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. I miss listening to my local first responders.

Kind Regards,
Scott
N6UUH

qc

Premium Subscriber

antoine

I have a question tgid 7205 was shared by El Cerrito police and San Pablo Police, but now El Cerrito has merged with Richmond PD dispatch 1 tgid 7505 and San Pablo channel that they share what El Cerrito is now dead no activity, does San Pablo have their own channel by themselves now that's new.scanner is a uniden bcd436hp

kma371

QRT
I have a question tgid 7205 was shared by El Cerrito police and San Pablo Police, but now El Cerrito has merged with Richmond PD dispatch 1 tgid 7505 and San Pablo channel that they share what El Cerrito is now dead no activity, does San Pablo have their own channel by themselves now that's new.scanner is a uniden bcd436hp

There website lists a new emergency number. It is the same as pinole. Try their talk groups.

kma371

QRT
And, their facebook says they are dispatched by richmond, so maybe they both went to Richmond.

phone_guy

Premium Subscriber
San Pablo PD went to their own channel.

El Cerrito went to RPD channel 1

Kensington went to Albany PD

bharvey2

Has anyone figured out how to get away from the dreaded issue of scanners not fully receiving this system? I don't want to use a Yagi. I tried taking about a 1/4" piece of bus wire to use as an antenna, thinking it would be nearly deaf, and yet I'll pick up radio traffic but not always the full conversation. I'm up by Muir Station Plaza in Martinez. I also saw where someone used an unofficial updated firmware and their scanner is working great. I've got the GRE PSR-500 and the factory firmware. Any insight would be greatly appreciated. I miss listening to my local first responders.

Kind Regards,
Scott
N6UUH

I live in the East Bay and wrestled with the reception problem for a long time. Using my Radio Shack PRO668, I found that the only functioning solutions were either changing location (some areas worked better that others) or using a directional antenna like a yagi or corner reflector. While using the corner reflector at home, I found that I did better with it mounted two feet above ground than high in the air.

kma371

QRT
When will the data base be updated

When we get confirmation because one person says they are Richmond, one person says their own channel.

Only way to tell for sure is the good old fashion way of searching and trying to find out.

kma371

QRT
So the scanner will automatically pick up a new talk group

Oh, the good old days of searching appear gone :)

It's not really automatic. Need to put it into search mode and look/listen for new talkgroups.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.