EBRCS Question Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cambion

I live in the East Bay and wrestled with the reception problem for a long time. Using my Radio Shack PRO668, I found that the only functioning solutions were either changing location (some areas worked better that others) or using a directional antenna like a yagi or corner reflector. While using the corner reflector at home, I found that I did better with it mounted two feet above ground than high in the air.
During our stand off here in Martinez not so long ago, I laid my PSR500 on its side, on the ground, and was able to receive most of the radio traffic. Just wish deafening the receiver was a viable solution. Or that I was back in Vacaville. That trunk system is actually pretty good and never had these issues. Thanks all for the input!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Cambion

We all know today's scanners absolutely suck with this system. So my question is, has anybody tried to use a Unication G5 on EBRCS? If so, how's the performance?

They will be selling a TDMA/Phase II upgrade that can be downloaded and flashed so the impending update to TDMA won't be a worry.

Tnx!

Cambion

There's a long thread about them (general, not EBRCS) here: https://forums.radioreference.com/u...ew-g4-g5-pagers-somewhat-limited-scanner.html

I haven't read all of it, but it generally sounds like they do way better than scanners, including simulcast. Kinda pricey for the limited use, though.

Agreed on the price. I just hate not being able to monitor the system effectively. I was pondering buying the new Uniden handheld, but even then I'm more likely to be in the same position with my PSR-500. I was hoping someone might be using one on this system to give specific feedback. Guess time will tell! =)

Radiobern

Feed Provider
Agreed on the price. I just hate not being able to monitor the system effectively. I was pondering buying the new Uniden handheld, but even then I'm more likely to be in the same position with my PSR-500. I was hoping someone might be using one on this system to give specific feedback. Guess time will tell! =)

Yes, I've been using a G4 for EBRCS since September 2016. Yes, it works much better than my PSR-500 and Pro-668/WS1080. I also use it at work to monitor myself as I'm a police dispatcher. Inside the comm center, the PSR-500 is so choppy it is not usable. The G4 will catch about 95% or more of all transmissions, just missing 1 or two transmissions during a 2 hour period I'm on the radio. It works well to monitor specific talk groups but lacks any scanning features.

Let me know what questions you have about it.

Bernard

kma371

QRT
I use a G5 on EBRCS and it works great. Can even hear the system out here in the valley and up into Sacramento. Receive is excellent. Well worth the purchase.

Cambion

I'm going to pull the trigger in February to buy the G5. Does anyone know if there's a resource that has the 2 tone frequencies for Solano County fire? I don't hear tones on the VHF Contra Costa so they must be paging out some other way.

avascan522

Premium Subscriber
Talkgroup 10205, Jan 16th

Been heard TG 10205 all morning. Sounds like surveillance ops, but I don't recognize the 5-digit TG number.

Radio ID's seen are 3296054 and 3296129.

~1005 hrs: "Hey, I'm going to find a restroom."
~1020 hrs: "Back on station on Vallejo." (I believe he said "on", it could have been "in")
~1110 hrs: "Go ahead, brother."
- "Hey, there's been no lights, no movement, so, ugh, let's go meet back up at the CHP."
- "Copy that."

Could this possibly be federal?

N6ML

Been heard TG 10205 all morning. Sounds like surveillance ops, but I don't recognize the 5-digit TG number.

Radio ID's seen are 3296054 and 3296129.

~1005 hrs: "Hey, I'm going to find a restroom."
~1020 hrs: "Back on station on Vallejo." (I believe he said "on", it could have been "in")
~1110 hrs: "Go ahead, brother."
- "Hey, there's been no lights, no movement, so, ugh, let's go meet back up at the CHP."
- "Copy that."

Could this possibly be federal?

Already on the unknown list

kma371

QRT
I think it's parole. Caltrans is supposed to have some stuff in the 100 range too.

antoine

I have a question San Pablo pd dispatch them self now and el Cerrito shares with richmond but what happened to there tac channels

officer_415

Database Admin
So far I can confirm this -

TGID Name
2661 Tac 3
2662 Tac 4
2663 Tac 5

It seems they've gone back to the way of using tac channels instead of command channels, and when they assign tac channels, its first come first served instead of Fremont being command 5/6, command 7 for newark/UC...etc....

Any update on this? Is ACFD using these now instead of Command 16-19 and Tac 36-39?

Oakland_Tower

Premium Subscriber
Yes, they are all on there. Very annoying. Alameda City, Fremont, Alameda County...anyone dispatched by ALCO Fire is sharing those tacs.

Oakland_Tower

Premium Subscriber
And for each incident, instead of having a command and tactical channel, there's just a tactical?

Yes. Even 3 alarm structure fires here in Fremont are worked on one of the tacs. The tac assignments are rotated...no department that is dispatched by ALCO Fire has their own Tac channel anymore. I haven't heard the command channels used since this change over.

Status
Not open for further replies.