• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

EDACS on Motorola radio

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlipNutz15

Wacker
Feed Provider
I've seen a forum post somewhere that says you CAN monitor an EDACS system with a Motorola radio but something about wide-WACN setting hex edit?

Can this actually be done for a non-affiliate scan an EDACS system with an APX?

riccom

Upstate S.C.
Premium Subscriber
ahhh no, reason being its like a English man talking to a puppy, the puppy is edcas and the man is mot 2 while in non trunking, yeah you can hear the voice, but can not follow, both are apco 16 compliant, but wont work.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
I've seen a forum post somewhere that says you CAN monitor an EDACS system with a Motorola radio but something about wide-WACN setting hex edit?

Can this actually be done for a non-affiliate scan an EDACS system with an APX?

Short answer is no unless you monitor the voice channels conventionally but you'll hear all the traffic and the beeps.

You're mixing up a few different technologies though.

A WACN is a P25 trunking term. EDACS is an ancient trunking technology that has nothing to do with P25 trunking.

SlipNutz15

Wacker
Feed Provider
Mike, yeah I couldn’t find the post about it. Maybe it was a Harris system that post was about. Does that make sense if it was a Harris System?

riccom

Upstate S.C.
Premium Subscriber
Now Harris is full p-25(thank God opensky was a joke) and there edacs was a very very good system, it took a lot of money to keep up, but the return was sound.

Sent from my 5049Z using Tapatalk

SlipNutz15

Wacker
Feed Provider
Ok. That’s my question then. How to monitor a Harris system on a Motorola radio. Not OpenSky.

riccom

Upstate S.C.
Premium Subscriber
Ok buy a scanner on eBay with triple trunking they are less then 100 bucks

riccom

Upstate S.C.
Premium Subscriber
You can not, as posted before by myself and others.

SlipNutz15

Wacker
Feed Provider
There was a large post about it and having to force some system wide setting check box in the CPS for it to be able to monitor Harris. Not EDACS. I mistyped.

riccom

Upstate S.C.
Premium Subscriber
Set it on conventional, and find the dac code, and make sure not to affiliate with the system or it will get bricked

SlipNutz15

Wacker
Feed Provider
NAS still works on APX radios, look for that post.

Thank you but I was pretty certain the codeplug needed modified in an editor to allow it to monitor a Harris TRS because there was a check box that needed enabled and by default it wouldn't allow it to enabled.

BigLebowski

Premium Subscriber
You are talking about the "Validate NAC to System ID" box. It works but your results may vary with NAS on Harris systems.

jhooten

Rarely seen in the wild, Motorola did do SP versions of the Astro Saber and trunking Maxtrac (I think, it has been awhile) for a government contract that would do EDACS.

Status
Not open for further replies.