Edacs Provoice Ottawa

Status
Not open for further replies.

Coverted

Premium Subscriber
I would like to know if anyone has Provoice operational using dsd. I think i have done everything right and it seems to be decoding well. However for the most part garbling with intermittent intelligible speech. Garbled has a bunch of = signs with Rs mixed in. While clear has nothing after the small "e". I guess my question is: Does anyone know if Provoice public safety in the capitol region has gone to full enc. The RR database may need to be revised. Any knowledge would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

VE3RADIO

I would like to know if anyone has Provoice operational using dsd. I think i have done everything right and it seems to be decoding well. However for the most part garbling with intermittent intelligible speech. Garbled has a bunch of = signs with Rs mixed in. While clear has nothing after the small "e". I guess my question is: Does anyone know if Provoice public safety in the capitol region has gone to full enc. The RR database may need to be revised. Any knowledge would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

it's your setup... its clear. Buy a LPE....

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I didn't do any DSD work in Ottawa, but I have done it on other systems and it comes in crystal clear. The "E" (or "e") doesn't mean encryption in DSD (at least I don't think so).

I forget if you can invert the signal with the DSD switches. Type 'dsd -h' and see what options you have. Also note that you don't necessarily want 100% on the values shown when DSD is running. IIRC, it's better around 40-50%. On my netbook with my line in/mic in volume set to max, my PSR800 only needed to be at 13 or 14 volume setting (out of 30) for the IF out.

Keep at 'er. You will enjoy it when you get it working. If you have the spare computers and scanners, a setup with Unitrunker, DSD, and one source scanner for the CC and one tapped scanner for the Provoice output can follow PV talkgroups around. I intend to give that a shot later this week out on the "rock" :)

Coverted

Premium Subscriber
I installed discriminator tap using 47k 1/4 watt resistor with a 10uF 16v Capacitor. Frequencies uploaded to scanners using ARC 500 and Inverted. I receive Provoice audio from dsd running in linux 10.4. I have Unitrunker version 22 setup running a Pro197 for signal and tapped Pro106 for voice. Signal is being published. Using default Unitrunker Baud Rate 115200, Data Bits 8, Stop Bits 1, Parity = None. Mode is FM, Provoice alone selected, EDACS96 alone selected, Only signal Radio has chase and publish selected. Signal running 98% Health. Voice running 0.Have run oxscope in linux to adjust levels to 50%. Have a good squared waveform also in Uniscope. Music audio from linux performs well on windows soundcard. Audio output set at lowest 44.100 16bit. External mike interface set for 20db extra. Provoice is for the most part garbled or encrypted I think, with intermittent clear parts that do not have a bunch of equal signs with R's in it. I am almost at my wits end. If this is system I am trying to monitor is Provoice enc maybe I would throw away my cash on buying an LPE radio. I will look for switches in dsd. I have already inverted in ARC 500.

Last edited:

VE3RADIO

Ottawa is not running encryption, just clear provoice. They may have some encryption on surv talkgroups but the regular 3 dispatch channels are 100% clear.

warrior420

I have 2 psr600's, the early bootloader versions that will trunk track the provoice talkgroups. 1 scanner/ 1 computer setup for dsd. If anyone is interested let me know, I was going to setup a project but the idea got scrapped.

mmisk

PSR Scanners

Are you selling those units?

I certainly would like a radio that would track provoice talk groups.

Mike

mmisk

Ottawa and DSD

Hi,

I have DSD running with roughly the same results you are getting. I could not hear anything until I tried a Soundblaster live card. Some comms are quite clear, while others are difficult to understand.
Anyway Provoice here in Ottawa is not encrypted for most comms.

Well better then nothing!

Mike

LesWurk

in your DSD folder right click Provoice, then click edit

if the line is "dsd -fp -u 10 -v 1 -mg", edit to "dsp -fp"

that change cleared up a lot of chugging for me on Provoice

mmisk

How are you doing with your DSD setup?

How are you doing with your DSD setup now?
I have it working fine now that I loaded it on a dual core PC. The audio was choppy when DSD was running on a 1 GHZ Celeron.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.