EDACS PROVOICE WHISTLER WS1080

Status
Not open for further replies.

firechaser97

Im programming a handheld scanner for a guy in Oklahoma City. Police and Fire are on EDACS PROVOICE.
Its a whistler ws1080
in the programming software it allows me to program it in. but when I import it. I then go to trunking radio systems tab and in the trunking site information. it has subtype on "Auto" has the option to select either
EDACS STANDARD (Wide)
EDACS NARROW

Ive updated the scanner software. also the unit itself. before I ship it to him. I want to know would the radio work and receive the system.
I am aware that EDACS Provoice is a mixture of Digital and Analog.

If the system didn't work. would he be able to listen if he just hit the stalker search menu where it flips thru the 800 MHz.

mule1075

Feed Provider
Im programming a handheld scanner for a guy in Oklahoma City. Police and Fire are on EDACS PROVOICE.
Its a whistler ws1080
in the programming software it allows me to program it in. but when I import it. I then go to trunking radio systems tab and in the trunking site information. it has subtype on "Auto" has the option to select either
EDACS STANDARD (Wide)
EDACS NARROW

Ive updated the scanner software. also the unit itself. before I ship it to him. I want to know would the radio work and receive the system.
I am aware that EDACS Provoice is a mixture of Digital and Analog.

If the system didn't work. would he be able to listen if he just hit the stalker search menu where it flips thru the 800 MHz.
Whistler's can't decode ProVoice. The guy will need a Uniden 996p2,325p2,436hp,536hp or the sds series with the provoice upgrade.

Bailey1213

There is one option if your guy wants to try. The Whistler products (ws 1080,1088,1095,1098 and tx1,tx2) have an IF baseband out option, basically a discriminator tap that you can turn on and send an unfiltered audio out of the headphone jack and use that output to a computer microphone input and have the computer running a program called DSD Plus. This will software decode provoice, nxdn and other digital signals that the scanner will not do. Just a thought. Works well for a home base set up, not so well for the mobile application.

Status
Not open for further replies.