• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

EFJ 5100 ES

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjl13

QRT
Hello, I am selling a bunch of EF Johnson bundle and I listed it on eBay, and I am not getting much interest. I have tried the classifieds selling area on this website, and it seems quite dead.

Are there any websites/places I can sell these?
And if anyone here has interest, dm me.

Thanks!

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
UHF - Low, Hi, 800? Lots of sellers get views by listing 800 radios as UHF - and few sales.

marcotor

I ♥ÆS Ø
Feed Provider
I think your auction is confusing to people with the photo showing multiple radios, etc., but only being for one actual radio. You only have one type of charger, but the main photo shows 2. I am certain at first look it appears to be an auction for 2 radios, chargers, multiple antennas and batteries for that price. P25 is not "encryption". And if it does have all those algos installed, and wasn't just "enabled" with PCIssue, it would help to open one up and show the EFJ SEM installed - that would drive sales at the price you are asking.

kjl13

QRT
I don't have an auction, but alright.

I think your auction is confusing to people with the photo showing multiple radios, etc., but only being for one actual radio. You only have one type of charger, but the main photo shows 2. I am certain at first look it appears to be an auction for 2 radios, chargers, multiple antennas and batteries for that price. P25 is not "encryption". And if it does have all those algos installed, and wasn't just "enabled" with PCIssue, it would help to open one up and show the EFJ SEM installed - that would drive sales at the price you are asking.

kjl13

QRT
Still looking for good websites/recommendations; let me know if anyone has any.

ergbert

eBay. I collect HT’s, though I haven’t gotten into EFJ yet. I’ve gotten 100% of mine from eBay.

Is the programming software readily available (for purchase obviously), or do you have to sacrifice small animals and make promises to questionable deities to acquire it? I may have to consider adding EFJ to my roster.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Software is available, but may require a little searching. No problem as with the Moto CPS restrictions. I have 4 EFJs (VHF, 800 Mhz, and 900 Mhz) and they are easy to set up for ham use and quite reliable for their age. Same battery and chargers as the XTS3000, while the programming cable does have a different pin configuration on the radio connector. My 800 Mhz EFJ is better on simulcast than my XTS. The 900 Mhz EFJ is easily programmable in the ham band, but they are hard to find. The VHF is great on 2 meters, and only my Thales 25 has better receive.

Project25_MASTR

Millennial Graying OBT Guy
Government surplus EFJ 5100s...in the 380 MHz to 470 MHz range. Most of them do have the AES XTS3000 UCMs, especially if they came off of US military installations (that's where the real value in them is). I've got about 30 of them laying around still...I use them for trade-ins.

kjl13

QRT
eBay. I collect HT’s, though I haven’t gotten into EFJ yet. I’ve gotten 100% of mine from eBay.

Is the programming software readily available (for purchase obviously), or do you have to sacrifice small animals and make promises to questionable deities to acquire it? I may have to consider adding EFJ to my roster.

Yea, currently have them up on eBay. Limited luck though.

kjl13

QRT
Software is available, but may require a little searching. No problem as with the Moto CPS restrictions. I have 4 EFJs (VHF, 800 Mhz, and 900 Mhz) and they are easy to set up for ham use and quite reliable for their age. Same battery and chargers as the XTS3000, while the programming cable does have a different pin configuration on the radio connector. My 800 Mhz EFJ is better on simulcast than my XTS. The 900 Mhz EFJ is easily programmable in the ham band, but they are hard to find. The VHF is great on 2 meters, and only my Thales 25 has better receive.

They are quite easy to program using the cps, at least compared to some other programming softwares.

The radios I have are UHF r1(380-470).

Also the same battery and chargers as the XTS 5000.

kjl13

QRT
Government surplus EFJ 5100s...in the 380 MHz to 470 MHz range. Most of them do have the AES XTS3000 UCMs, especially if they came off of US military installations (that's where the real value in them is). I've got about 30 of them laying around still...I use them for trade-ins.

Mine are not from a government surplus. But they do have encryption.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Even the limited keypad models can have FPP. It is an option and is installed through other software. The ones I have are part of my HT collection which includes 3 Heathkits and several other commercial radios. I did a quick search for software and found a couple of possible hits.

kjl13

QRT
Even the limited keypad models can have FPP. It is an option and is installed through other software. The ones I have are part of my HT collection which includes 3 Heathkits and several other commercial radios. I did a quick search for software and found a couple of possible hits.

I have the keypad programming option from the factory, but per peoples request I add options.

Status
Not open for further replies.