Elizabethtown Gas Company MOTOTRBO Capacity Plus?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CqDx

Premium Subscriber
Hi all,

I am trying to identifying a Capacity Plus system I discovered during a recent scanning trip, the signal comes in fairly strong in downtown Manhattan area by the Hudson River.

472.9875 MHz
Color Code 7
Neighboring Sites 3 and 8.

No voices were heard but there is some MOTOTRBO data bursts

I suspect this is KEB656, which has three sites at Edison, Kenilworth and Union. If someone in the area can help listen and see if there is a strong signal on 472.9875 in the abovementioned areas it would be helpful to positvely identify it.

Thanks

Analogrules

I only have an analog scanner, but I will check when I have a chance. Elizabethtown Gas has had a license for DMR for a long time, however last time I monitored them, they were still operating in analog FM. I am curious to see if that has changed.

GM

Premium Subscriber
I was told by my contact that works for E-Gas that they no longer use two way radios; rather they use Cellular PTT networks to talk to dispatch. However I will monitor when I get the chance to, to confirm this.

Analogrules

Well, I saw an E-town Gas smaller car in Kenilworth, NJ and as I was walking by, I did hear a radio going off inside the car while it was parked. Just not sure if it was analog, but sounded like it. Perhaps they still use radio sporadically, but use phones more often. I haven't had a chance to monitor yet. Been very busy with work.

Status
Not open for further replies.