Embedding Audio Feeds in Your Own Web Pages

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deziel0495

PE/NB Database Guy
Database Admin
Just wondering if there are any updates on the progress of the new embedded players?

dwh367

Just wondering if there are any updates on the progress of the new embedded players?

That makes two of us. It was first mentioned back in January, with a follow up in April, and then nothing more. They've been too busy working on the "premium" feeds. If it wasn't for us volunteers, they wouldn't even have a business. It even helps a puppy's morale if someone throws it a bone every once in awhile.

Last edited:

dwh367

Someone started a community web page, in my area, and they would like to include my scanner feed on it. Would this be permissible and if it is, I would assume they would have apply for their own domain key?

WAFLFootball

New here! Hi everyone! Need help!

I run a football league, WAFL Football - The World Watches, Backbreaker plays. and am looking to broadcast games through a live feed through embedding. I am waiting for my domain keys to go through as they are "pending". How long does this process take, and am I going about it the right way. Thanks guys and if I understand the possiblities of your fine product, I love it!!!! :)

divemedicdrb

I run a football league, WAFL Football - The World Watches, Backbreaker plays. and am looking to broadcast games through a live feed through embedding. I am waiting for my domain keys to go through as they are "pending". How long does this process take, and am I going about it the right way. Thanks guys and if I understand the possiblities of your fine product, I love it!!!! :)

I could be wrong, but I don't think this is what this site is intended for. I'm not sure if what you are doing is against the TOS or not, but this site is not really intended for broadcasting game commentary etc. If you were scanning the Police, maintenance, food services, EMS, taxis, etc at the game, that's what the streaming audio is for. Not live game updates.

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin

Domain keys do you no good unless you have a feed, and as it stands now you have no pending or approved feed applications. What are the contents of this broadcast? What is it going to be scanning? If this is a feed not related to public safety as divemedicdrd stated, then this feed would need to be "premium" as we do not allow personal feeds(unless its a "private" premium feed).

Last edited:

coudynews

So, does this mean we'll need to pay extra for premium provider status in order to have access to the enhanced embedding features?

I hope not. It seems being a feed provider in and of itself should be a sufficient enough contribution for such features.

What if someone is hosting a feed covering our fire departments area and gives me permission to embed it onto our fire department's official website, am I allowed to apply for a domain key and use his feed id?

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
So, does this mean we'll need to pay extra for premium provider status in order to have access to the enhanced embedding features?

I hope not. It seems being a feed provider in and of itself should be a sufficient enough contribution for such features.

I dont know what you mean by "enhanced embedding". All you need to do to embed your feed is apply for an API key and put the embed code(Can be found in your feed owners page under "Technicals")in your website.

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
What if someone is hosting a feed covering our fire departments area and gives me permission to embed it onto our fire department's official website, am I allowed to apply for a domain key and use his feed id?

Yep, as long as you have permission and apply for an API key.

N2JDS

Hope I didn't miss the answer in the tons of info, BUT.... Can I force one scanner speaker to left and one to right when my page loads and runs. I saw the option to have it start automatically or not to start on load
Here is where I have them loaded ParamedicCyberBase Scanners

The following additional parameters and options can be added to the URL:

as=1 - auto start player
stats=1 - show feed status and number of listeners in a table
bg=xxxxxx - background color in 6 character hex (do not add "#")
fg=xxxxxx - text color
tdbg=xxxxxx - stats table cell background color
tdfg=xxxxxx - stats table cell text color
thbg=xxxxxx - stats table cell header background color
thfg=xxxxxx - stats table cell header text color
border=xxxxxx - stats table border color

Thanks if anybody has the answer. Goal is my page loads, scanner on left plays on left speak, one on right plays on right speaker. Simple, well not for me though.

UofW_FAN

how to get started

I am waiting to get started so i get get a feed going, It says my feed is coming soon, so is there something I need to do? Or do I wait for them to contact me before I can provide a feed that says coming soon?

Thanks

Skud

Feed Provider
Middleville, MI-Barry County(Near G.R. & Ionia
Hope I didn't miss the answer in the tons of info, BUT.... Can I force one scanner speaker to left and one to right when my page loads and runs. I saw the option to have it start automatically or not to start on load
Here is where I have them loaded ParamedicCyberBase Scanners

The following additional parameters and options can be added to the URL:

as=1 - auto start player
stats=1 - show feed status and number of listeners in a table
bg=xxxxxx - background color in 6 character hex (do not add "#")
fg=xxxxxx - text color
tdbg=xxxxxx - stats table cell background color
tdfg=xxxxxx - stats table cell text color
thbg=xxxxxx - stats table cell header background color
thfg=xxxxxx - stats table cell header text color
border=xxxxxx - stats table border color

Thanks if anybody has the answer. Goal is my page loads, scanner on left plays on left speak, one on right plays on right speaker. Simple, well not for me though.

How about tags? I have trying to find a way of having them on my website.

fdnyfish

Feed Provider
multiple feeds on one player

The javascript player states to "Click on an item to start", so i am guessing there is a way to add multiple feeds for a listener to select using the scroll bar on the right hand side.

http://wiki.radioreference.com/imag...00px-Screen_shot_2009-09-30_at_4.52.14_PM.png

What would be the propper code for multiple feeds?

Single feed code
<script language="JavaScript"
src="http://api.radioreference.com/js/?key= DOMAIN_KEY&feedId=ID&as=STARTVALUE">
</script>

I thought it would be something like this, but it didn't work...

<script language="JavaScript"
src="http://api.radioreference.com/js/?key= DOMAIN_KEY&feedId=ID&as=STARTVALUE";
src="http://api.radioreference.com/js/?key= DOMAIN_KEY&feedId=ID&as=STARTVALUE";
src="http://api.radioreference.com/js/?key= DOMAIN_KEY&feedId=ID&as=STARTVALUE">
</script>

N2JDS

Is it possible to have the Java Web Player embedded, as this seems to stream the tags pretty well?
Right now all I have mine set up for is the E-Phonic player.

Status
Not open for further replies.