Emeryville, East Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pro92

Eastbay, Ca.

akardam said:
I was confused too at first, because most listings still have the individual city's FD talkgroups. All ALCO fire are dispatched out of the dispatch center at Livermore Labs, and therefore live on the same talkgroup. I think each city retains its fireground talkgroups, but I'm not sure - I don't listen to county fire much if at all.
I used to live in the EastBay back in the late70's and until late 90's . Sorry can't help you their , i am in Nebraska now following Madison PD /S.O. & Norfolk PD. If you have any info back here please send them.
Rob!

ECPD279

Premium Subscriber
csuh13 said:
Now, I swear that I keep hearing Berkeley PD using the UC trunked system... Am I wrong?
Nope, not wrong, just misguided... ;-) UC Berkeley's TRS has a patch to Berkeley PD's primary. It is always active, so it sounds like Berkeley is on a TRS, but they aren't.

csuh13

ECPD279 said:
Nope, not wrong, just misguided... ;-) UC Berkeley's TRS has a patch to Berkeley PD's primary. It is always active, so it sounds like Berkeley is on a TRS, but they aren't.

OK... I feel better now. I thought I was nuts! :)

Ben96cal

re: dispatch tg's

csuh13 said:
Well... Since you're an FD listener, I'm having a heck of a time determining the logic behind the ALCO fire dispatch channels. I thought they were differentiated by zone, but I'll hear a San Lorenzo dispatch, followed by something much farther south...

-----------------------------------------------------

ALco trs has 4 available dispatch tg's (control 1-4). control 1 and 2 are main dispatch while 3 and 4 are overflow and future use tg's control 4 is actually used the majority of the time when a radio emergency button is pressed. control 4 starts beeping and all traffic is stopped if any there.

Alco fire, llnl, camp parks and UC are dispatched on control 2 while fremont, and newark is dispatched on control 1. Everyone uses tac channel 5-16. Individual tacs for cities are gone and have been implemented elsewhere on the TRS.

Ben96cal

re: alco dispatch tg

Ben96cal said:
-----------------------------------------------------

ALco trs has 4 available dispatch tg's (control 1-4). control 1 and 2 are main dispatch while 3 and 4 are overflow and future use tg's control 4 is actually used the majority of the time when a radio emergency button is pressed. control 4 starts beeping and all traffic is stopped if any there.

Alco fire, llnl, camp parks and UC are dispatched on control 2 while fremont, and newark is dispatched on control 1. Everyone uses tac channel 5-16. Individual tacs for cities are gone and have been implemented elsewhere on the TRS.

-------------------------------
ok had a brainlapse for a second. the dept breakdown on the 2 dispatch tg's are as follows

control 1- alameda city, alco battalion 1, U.C.
control 2. Fremont, Alco bat 2, Camp Parks, LLNL

Newark still has there own tg since they declined going to a new dispatch center.

Status
Not open for further replies.