Emeryville, East Bay

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZ-GT

I hope to be moving to Emeryville within the next 90 days. Of course I have my synthesized scanners but I have a Bearcat 4/6 Thinscan Crystal scanner I like to keep around. Of course it's only VHF/UHF - are there six frequencies that would cover the immediate area?

Ben96cal

re: emerville

thats a big negative, most around the emeryville area is trunked, S.F., oakland and alco all neighboring. the only vhf-uhf near emeryville is hayward, albany and berkeley. time to get a larger scanner with trunktracking capabilities.

inigo88

California DB Admin
Database Admin
Yep definitely, but since you said IMMEDIATE, Ben neglected to point out that Emeryville PD is UHF, but the fire department is on the Oakland EDACS system. The city is tiny, and bordered on three sides by oakland which is on a trunking system, so it'd be best to get a trunking scanner, but until then here are six freqs that should keep you entertained:

453.45 - Emeryville PD Dispatch
453.25 - Emeryville PD Tactical
460.175 - Berkeley PD Dispatch Ch 1
460.25 - Berkeley PD Secondary Ch 2
154.19 - Berkeley FD Ch 1
154.43 - Berkeley FD Ch 2

Still in order to hear everything local you'll need a trunking scanner. If you think that's bad my county has a digital trunking system that necessitated a $500 scanner. :( You can pick up a trunktracker on eBay for around $90 (I did). And I should add, that all those frequencies are available from the database on this site.

csuh13

Ben96cal said:
thats a big negative, most around the emeryville area is trunked, S.F., oakland and alco all neighboring. the only vhf-uhf near emeryville is hayward, albany and berkeley. time to get a larger scanner with trunktracking capabilities.

Hayward is using the ALCO trunk system now. Berkeley also now has a trunked system (so I'm told...)

Emeryville PD is still non-trunked, as does Emeryville USD. (the freq escapes me now, but it is in Police Call...) but Emeryville Fire uses the Oakland TRS. You can also still pick up some nifty things, like security at PixaR hq and at the Oaks Card Club. (also all in Police Call...)

vince48

Premium Subscriber
csuh13
Can anyone confirm that Hayward is on ALCO? I believe just the Zebra units are on 800mhz (ALCO). Unless this has change in the last few days.

vince48 :)

csuh13

vince48 said:
csuh13
Can anyone confirm that Hayward is on ALCO? I believe just the Zebra units are on 800mhz (ALCO). Unless this has change in the last few days.

vince48 :)

Last time I turned the scanner on in Hayward (September?) There was zero traffic on the Hayward City Frequencies. (at least as far as the PD is concerned... Plenty of stray dogs in Hayward...) A friend of mine (who works in Hayward and listens more than I,) told me they had all migrated to the ALCO TRS.

I live in San Lorenzo, but now you've piqued my interest... I'll take a spin through Hayward this weekend and confirm what's what... If they are on the ALCO, I'll see if I can figure out the IDs and post them to the DB.

ECPD279

Premium Subscriber
I believe Hayward PD is on the Alco system, however Berkeley is not trunked, nor can I imagine them being so in the near future.

Ben96cal

re: hayward on alco

csuh13 said:
Last time I turned the scanner on in Hayward (September?) There was zero traffic on the Hayward City Frequencies. (at least as far as the PD is concerned... Plenty of stray dogs in Hayward...) A friend of mine (who works in Hayward and listens more than I,) told me they had all migrated to the ALCO TRS.

I live in San Lorenzo, but now you've piqued my interest... I'll take a spin through Hayward this weekend and confirm what's what... If they are on the ALCO, I'll see if I can figure out the IDs and post them to the DB.

--------------------------
haven't heard a peep from FD on alco. I doubt fire is on alco. I'll take a look tonight. As for PD I dunno, not a pd listener....

Rmdig79

I listen to Hayward PD and FIRE almost 24/7 and as I write this HPD is using 483.1125 as thier primary and have been as long as I have been scanning again(almost 1 1/2 years now). They use 482.6625 as their service channel(CH.3) HFD is on 460.600. What I have discovered is that the TAC units for HPD seem to be using two radios because they are using ALCO Narcotic Task Force TG#'s for their DRUG & GANG enforcement details(car-car traffic,surveilance,etc.) And will speak to dispatch on the conventional frequencies in order to run DL#'s and license plates. Last week while HPD was searching for a suspect and had restricted traffic(with tone)in place on the main channel, I was listening to the NTF on my second scanner. As the TAC unit was speaking on ALCO's system I could hear the tone beep in the background come over the air on the second scanner, and through my first scanner paused on HPD's main. As far as HFD goes, I have not heard them use ALCO's system at all. They pretty much stick to the primary. For San Mateo Bridge incidents they will go to White 2 to communicate to any San Mateo County units. I believe they also will go to what they call the ' RED' channel when working more than two incidents. I have only heard a request to go to this channel once and can not remember if this is the correct name of it.

northzone

Premium Subscriber
Hayward City Council just voted to spend $1.6 million to update their current analog conventional system. The article in the Daily Review said they do not plan to go trunked for several years. Most likely if and when the East Bay RCS gets built.

Ben96cal

re: red channel

Rmdig79 said:
I listen to Hayward PD and FIRE almost 24/7 and as I write this HPD is using 483.1125 as thier primary and have been as long as I have been scanning again(almost 1 1/2 years now). They use 482.6625 as their service channel(CH.3) HFD is on 460.600. What I have discovered is that the TAC units for HPD seem to be using two radios because they are using ALCO Narcotic Task Force TG#'s for their DRUG & GANG enforcement details(car-car traffic,surveilance,etc.) And will speak to dispatch on the conventional frequencies in order to run DL#'s and license plates. Last week while HPD was searching for a suspect and had restricted traffic(with tone)in place on the main channel, I was listening to the NTF on my second scanner. As the TAC unit was speaking on ALCO's system I could hear the tone beep in the background come over the air on the second scanner, and through my first scanner paused on HPD's main. As far as HFD goes, I have not heard them use ALCO's system at all. They pretty much stick to the primary. For San Mateo Bridge incidents they will go to White 2 to communicate to any San Mateo County units. I believe they also will go to what they call the ' RED' channel when working more than two incidents. I have only heard a request to go to this channel once and can not remember if this is the correct name of it.

As I remember white 1 is called "red" in HFD language and 460.600 is "yellow"

Pro92

ECPD279 said:
I believe Hayward PD is on the Alco system, however Berkeley is not trunked, nor can I imagine them being so in the near future.
You mean Berk is not TRUNKED yet! I would think they would be to keep up ECPD,EMERYVILLE OAKLAND & ALCO

Pro92

Trs

Pro92 said:
You mean Berk is not TRUNKED yet! I would think they would be to keep up ECPD,EMERYVILLE OAKLAND. Hey is Albany on ECPD system? I read somewhere COCO SO is ona TRS what type of system? Some cities & communities are going to a new system by i think GEOCOMM or GEMCOMM.
But this part of NE. they haven't switch . They are talking about next years budget , this year is a no go. But PW has switch frequency so i am searching for their new RF.

Ben96cal

re: coco

Coco is still on conventional. down the line they are talking about an east bay regional trunk system with coco, alco, and oakland

ECPD279

Premium Subscriber
I stand....er, sit corrected on Hayward.

As for Berkeley, they are still on UHF to facilitate communication with Albany. ALCO TRS coverage SUCKS, with a capital S-U-C-K in the north Berkeley and Albany area. In El Cerrito, we still have our old portables from when we were UHF so we can still talk to Albany if necessary. They almost all have scanners to listen to our TRS too.

As for CoCo, Fire and Sheriff are still VHF for the forseeable future. There was rumor they were switching county services to a 220MHz TRS, but I have heard no further mention of this in the past months.

northzone

Premium Subscriber
ECPD279 said:
As for CoCo, Fire and Sheriff are still VHF for the forseeable future. There was rumor they were switching county services to a 220MHz TRS, but I have heard no further mention of this in the past months.

Latest word I have is that all county services are going to a UHF LTR system (this is everything but police and fire who will stay vhf for now).

csuh13

ECPD279 said:
I stand....er, sit corrected on Hayward.

As for Berkeley, they are still on UHF to facilitate communication with Albany. ALCO TRS coverage SUCKS, with a capital S-U-C-K in the north Berkeley and Albany area. In El Cerrito, we still have our old portables from when we were UHF so we can still talk to Albany if necessary. They almost all have scanners to listen to our TRS too.

Now, I swear that I keep hearing Berkeley PD using the UC trunked system... Am I wrong?

Pro92

Berkeley Pd/ Uc Pd

csuh13 said:
Now, I swear that I keep hearing Berkeley PD using the UC trunked system... Am I wrong?
If i remember right i used to listen to Berkeley PD on UCPD on my TT235XLT it was simulcast?
Rob.

csuh13

Ben96cal said:
--------------------------
haven't heard a peep from FD on alco. I doubt fire is on alco. I'll take a look tonight. As for PD I dunno, not a pd listener....

Well... Since you're an FD listener, I'm having a heck of a time determining the logic behind the ALCO fire dispatch channels. I thought they were differentiated by zone, but I'll hear a San Lorenzo dispatch, followed by something much farther south...

akardam

I was confused too at first, because most listings still have the individual city's FD talkgroups. All ALCO fire are dispatched out of the dispatch center at Livermore Labs, and therefore live on the same talkgroup. I think each city retains its fireground talkgroups, but I'm not sure - I don't listen to county fire much if at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.