Enabling Marine Frequencies WIN96

Status
Not open for further replies.

fburrows

Premium Subscriber
I have a PRO-2096 and I use Win96 to program it. I live in Baltimore City (Inner Harbor). I have figured out how to do Baltimore City Fire and Police but I would like to add the VFH Marine frequencies to the radio. I see them in Win96 on a page that is labeled SP0 but I don't have a clue how to get them to load on the radio.

How do I tell Win96 to put these Marine frequencies on my radio? Also can I scan these?

thanks in advance

Frank

Swipesy

I have a PRO-2096 and I use Win96 to program it. I live in Baltimore City (Inner Harbor). I have figured out how to do Baltimore City Fire and Police but I would like to add the VFH Marine frequencies to the radio. I see them in Win96 on a page that is labeled SP0 but I don't have a clue how to get them to load on the radio.

How do I tell Win96 to put these Marine frequencies on my radio? Also can I scan these?

thanks in advance

Frank

Frank, are you aware that the Marine channels are included as one of the pre programmed Search functions? Press SRCH button on scanner continuously until the Marine channels appear. If you want to program the Marine channels into one of your V-Folders then Open the V-Folder in WIN96 and select an empty Bank (0-9) and enter the marine frequencies in the 49 blank lines available. Once entered, load the V-folder up to the Pro 2096 and enable the Bank that you entered the frequencies in.

John

fburrows

Premium Subscriber
Thanks. This is the piece I was missing. One more question. What is the best way to copy these frequencies into a blank folder? I realize I can manually enter them but is there an easier way?

thanks

Frank

Swipesy

Thanks. This is the piece I was missing. One more question. What is the best way to copy these frequencies into a blank folder? I realize I can manually enter them but is there an easier way?

thanks

Frank

When I had my Pro-96 I would copy the frequencies and alpha tags from RadioReference and Paste them into Excel. I then edited the Alpha Tags in Excel and then copy and pasted them from Excel into Win96. A few steps involved but I got the Alpha Tags to say whay I wanted them to say within the character limitations.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.