Encrypted Main Police Agency Dispatch Channels In NJ

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to compile a complete list of local & county law enforcement agenices in NJ who use encryption of any sort on their respective main dispatch channel(s) (let's exclude narco, street crime, intelligence, etc. frequencies).

Please submit your input.

Thanks.

Tony

DJ88

Ocean County:
Dover twp. PD - Full time digital encryption
Jackson Twp. PD - Full time digital encryption
Lakewood PD - Selected digital encryption
Little Egg Harbor PD - Selected digital encryption
Manchester Twp PD - Selected digital encryption.
Point Pleasant Beach PD - Selected digital encryption

scannersnstuff

atlantic highlands pd <monmouth county nj> full time vslep.not able to monitor by any mean's unless you have one of their radio's.

pennsauken pd <camden county nj> heard they were full time encrypted.not verified.

carbineone

Premium Subscriber
Ewing Twp (Mercer County)
Franklin Twp (somerset county)
Edison Twp (middlesex county)
Middlesex county Sheriff (ProVoice but unencrypted)
Trenton Pd (Vselp but not encrypted)

Last edited:

Joseph11

Pennsauken PD in Camden County was analog a couple months ago; I don't think they changed anything.

ctrabs74

carbineone said:
Middlesex county Sheriff (ProVoice but unencrypted)

But, for scanner monitors, it is, for all intents and purposes, the same thing as encryption.

Also, most of the Atlantic County PDs are ProVoice (with a few exceptions - Pleasantville, and a couple others are not on the EDACS system as of last check; and Atlantic City, which is Moto P25, but clear).

ctrabs74

pdfdems286 said:
pennsauken pd <camden county nj> heard they were full time encrypted.not verified.

As of a couple of months ago, Pennsauken Twp was still analog; they were in the process of going P25 (through EF Johnson, IIRC), but I've heard nothing about encryption.

kb2vxa

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
Just a note about Point Beach and encryption, from what I've gathered many of the officers don't know how to use it. As a result some units are in the clear and some encrypted full time for no reason at all. "You see the dial with the white circle and the black circle?" Yeah, that's a clear indication they don't know what they're doing.

Not knowing when to be coded or clear is a common problem.

The only way to fix that is to not mess with the Ø - O switch but to just program the radio with channel numbers strapped to either coded or clear. Many of the radios have gotten more complicated to use than the people using them.

FuelForFire

kb2vxa said:
Just a note about Point Beach and encryption, from what I've gathered many of the officers don't know how to use it. As a result some units are in the clear and some encrypted full time for no reason at all. "You see the dial with the white circle and the black circle?" Yeah, that's a clear indication they don't know what they're doing.

I wouldnt go as far as to say they (or any other agency) don't know what they are doing or that they don't know how to use their radios just because they are in encryption.

More accruate would be: They just don't care whether or not they are in encryption. It sounds the same... does not affect how they use the radio or how well it functions... why would they make an effort to ensure they are in the clear?

Unless there is a specific need for encryption (sensative information) or in the clear (interoperablility) they probably just leave it as they find it at the beginning of the shift.

-Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.