Encryption Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

SavoS

Hello to everyone

Can you please help me with this, can anyone know what type of coding is this and can we dercypt somehow?
Many thanks and kind regards,

Savo

Attachments

• DMR.PNG
    DMR.PNG
    44.2 KB · Views: 647

hamtrektng

Hello to everyone

Can you please help me with this, can anyone know what type of coding is this and can we dercypt somehow?

Savo

Send a Raw sample to me using the 'R' command on the event log screen. Use 15 secs.

Attach file and send to my private message

I will then decrypt it for you.

Kind Regards

natedawg1604

Premium Subscriber
Send a Raw sample to me using the 'R' command on the event log screen. Use 15 secs.

Attach file and send to my private message

I will then decrypt it for you.

Kind Regards

Wow, didn't know this capability existed. Can I send over raw P-25 recordings and have you eliminate that pesky AES 256...?

hamtrektng

Lets get things straight, I don't have any affiliation with decryption technologies, I only know 'other' parties that do.

So please don't ask for requests as I can't do it directly

Many thanks

Last edited:

hamtrektng

Hello to everyone

Savo

EP is an Enhanced Privacy encryption algorithm and a DMR system with it installed can greatly increase security strength by implementing AES 128 or 256bit and even place RAS on them to stop eavesdroppers alike

But it is understood there is a disadvantage that this algorithm standard when heard through a repeater or HT can decrease your RF field distance by half. With BP (Basic Privacy) which only has decimal numbering system 1-255, it is easy to break yes but has an advantage over distance.

Last edited:

exkalibur

Premium Subscriber
Something to note as well - AES will show up as EP. At least as far as AES on a MotoTRBO radio is concerned, so EP doesn't always mean EP, it could mean AES. The reason I've heard for this is so that a system that is already capable of EP can be upgraded to AES without changing anything aside from the SU.

hamtrektng

Aside to AES additions, with Key ID 1 for example, it doesn't mean that's their programmed key, DSDPlus just shows that the system has a Enhanced key algorithm installed and is attached to Key ID 1

KD8DVR

Hello to everyone

Savo
Decrypting or attempting to decrypt encrypted communications is illegal.

AntiSquid Disclaimer: All comments made are personal opinion only and may not indicate actual fact.

C

Comm_Support

Decrypting or attempting to decrypt encrypted communications is illegal.

AntiSquid Disclaimer: All comments made are personal opinion only and may not indicate actual fact.

Is it the act of decrypting that is illegal, or is it the disclosure of the decrypted communications that is illegal?

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Can you link to any sources to substantiate the claim that EP will cut your range by half?

It's easily refuted by doing a bit of simple testing. There's little difference in usable range regardless of whether encryption is used or not.

nme_82

Hi hamtrektng,

Can I get your email address please?
I am not able to PM due to some unknown restrictions...

thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.