• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Encryption software

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdsxfire

EDBM
Has anyone ever actually used this to program a key into the pager, if so is it pretty simple to do. Also if u have done it is there any delay in the pager landing on the encrypted TG and the amount of time it takes the pager to apply the key. I heard that once u program a key in the pager attempts to apply it to every TG it lands on.
Any help is appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

willwilliams

Feed Provider
Ok that’s good, now did u program the key yourself or someone else did it, I’m asking because the key I was told is only like 4 digits but the program wants a 64 digit key

Yea did it myself. 64 digits

radios4bill

Could you guys please elaborate on what software you are using and does it automatically find an encryption key? Or do you have to know what it is?

kayn1n32008

ØÆSØ
Could you guys please elaborate on what software you are using and does it automatically find an encryption key? Or do you have to know what it is?

No idea on the software, but you WILL need to know the key value in order to be able to load it into the radio. The software will NOT determine an unknown key.

willwilliams

Feed Provider
No idea on the software, but you WILL need to know the key value in order to be able to load it into the radio. The software will NOT determine an unknown key.

Unication’s encryption utility. Download from them. And yes you will need to know what it is

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
They would not sell them long before MOTOROLA LAWYERS would show up with a cease and desist order.

Motorola has nothing to do with it. Encryption is not manufacturer-specific; illegally decrypting a radio system is a violation of State and/or Federal law, so it would be prosecuted by the affected county/state or the Feds. . . if they find out about it.

k3sls

Premium Subscriber
The included link might answer some questions about how Unication loads keys to their products. While this link relates to the U/P series radios, there's a good chance they port the same process to other devices like the G series, rather than duplicate development. Note the utility generates a key based on a 12-32 character seed string, but never displays the actual key generated. That likely is done to prevent "handing out" the key to unauthorized users and may also mean the generated key itself is encrypted for storage on the local computer.
U3 encryption utility
For those interested in key generation theory, search for a description of AES encryption (128, 192, and 256 bit key generation). Here's one article.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
Motorola has nothing to do with it. Encryption is not manufacturer-specific; illegally decrypting a radio system is a violation of State and/or Federal law, so it would be prosecuted by the affected county/state or the Feds. . . if they find out about it.
When a vendor stated he was working on automatic detection of DMR encryption a month later Motorola shut him down and he went missing from here.

KevinC

Big Dog...celebrating 10 years of abuse!
Super Moderator
When a vendor stated he was working on automatic detection of DMR encryption a month later Motorola shut him down and he went missing from here.

Do you have a link to that story? It sounds interesting.

Citywide173

Premium Subscriber

DMR encryption or MOTOtrbo encryption? MOTOtrbo is proprietary to Motorola and backwards engineering would most definitely be an infringement on their intellectual property. AES is a standard and Motorola does not own it.

Status
Not open for further replies.