• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

ENCRYPTION

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayn1n32008

Please see the subject of this thread. This is the correct spelling of the word encryption. Or encrypted,

NOT ENC, or Enc, or encription or encripted or any other f*cking wrong spelling.

If you wish to write about encryption, PLEASE SPELL the F*cking word correctly or at least use spell check before creating or replying to a thread.

Thank you and back to our regular programming.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Jay911

Please see the subject of this thread. This is the correct spelling of the word encryption. Or encrypted,

NOT ENC, or Enc, or encription or encripted or any other f*cking wrong spelling.

If you wish to write about encryption, PLEASE SPELL the F*cking word correctly or at least use spell check before creating or replying to a thread.

Thank you and back to our regular programming.
Thank God I'm not the only one who this bugs. I just have been trying to ignore it and not let it get under my skin.. try to take a deep breath once in a while.

Hope you had a merry Christmas, dude. :)

kayn1n32008

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9900; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.1047 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

I had a. Very Merry Christmas. I hope Santa was good to you. Jay!

Yea, it drives me batsh*t crazy to see that word miss spelled!

Happy New Year Jay! Stay safe out there.

fxdscon

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9900; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.1047 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

I had a. Very Merry Christmas. I hope Santa was good to you. Jay!

Yea, it drives me batsh*t crazy to see that word miss spelled!

Happy New Year Jay! Stay safe out there.
I agree... and how many times have you seen the word trucking used instead of trunking?

kayn1n32008

N1RGR said:
I HATE encription!!! :p
Merry Christmas Rob! I hate it too!!!

kayn1n32008

Feets, those are all encompasing. This is just one specific word that drives me batsh*t crazy.

elk2370bruce

Perhaps the misspellings you're upset about weren't all done by accident or by ignorance. For example: Encraption ;)

-AZ
More the latter reason than the former. We always get the "Why can't I hear my police, fire, EMS or dog warden threads. Nobody actually reads whats already been written here.

gtriever

Premium Subscriber
I say ENC because I'm too lazy. Sue me! :twisted:
As far as I'm concerned, people can call it what they like. The only problem I have with 'ENC' is that in the industry, ENC quite often refers to 'Encode', and not 'encryption'.

wbswetnam

Premium Subscriber
Regardless, also there / their / they're

What I hate is people that use the word "irregardless". There is no such word, people! The word is "regardless", there is no reason for adding "ir" to it.

One other thing... I wish people could pay more attention to this:

There = an adverb, meaning a location, as in "Look over there".
Their = a possessive adjective for 3rd person plural, as in "Their radios are in the truck".
They're = a contraction of "They" and "are", as in "They're from Austria".

Status
Not open for further replies.