Entergy P25 discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

k5wc

Hello all I just upgraded to a new scanner and while working through the learning curve I've been monitoring Entergy. Just on the fringe of LR site 49 and site 50 with my inside antenna. Not sure where site 50 is located. I can hear site 47 on 855.5625. It's not listed in the DB but will submit.
TGID's
423 AR Central stations calling control and DOC on this tg
450 DOC
462 Mobile Data
189 Wharehouse Storekeeper
456 New service installation ops talking about pulling wire
481 Stuttgart Area
477 Searcy Area
1 Talk Group 1 couple guys talking referring to it as talk group 1
408 Radio Comms Radio Tech was testing and rotating all channels on Yellville site 60
420 Doc calling someone by name no response
Also saw tgid I720218 (SRC) 720219 (DST) discussing limb trimming

Just a update to what tgid I have heard. The DOC has been on multi channels calling different stations. Also is anyone in Central Arkansas that can run a control channel decoder on site 47 and 50? Would love to see the log. Thanks 73 John

Last edited:

slayer816

Premium Subscriber
Monitored West Monroe site (only one freq listed) last week. It tried to default to AR 1-65 and then Little Rock sites (same frequencies here and there, apparently the CC). So I blocked both sites and put in all 95 frequencies on the license for the West Monroe site WNWT202.

95 really?

I picked up a few TGIDs in use, Two of which are local to the WM area. The Moto II system doesn't seem to be in use anymore in NE LA. But is still heavily used in NW LA. I might do a little more digging on the old system; but the new system is defiantly in use around here. Does anyone in NE LA / SE ARK have any info on the WM site or the system in general for our area?

FCC LOOKUP shows new sites such as Bernice. I'm going to reprogram and head down there tomorrow. Just wondering if someone else is trying to get this system situated and properly in the DB besides me (in my area).

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Entergy is FAMOUS for mass licenses with more freqs than God would use on an site!
As for new sites, there are a lot out there that are not really new but renewals of licenses that were allowed to expire years ago! But yes there are also several new sites!

I was submitted this: Control 858.8875 city of Springhill
And asked about site numbering... So I put this out here for you guys around that area to look for. I highly suggest doing an 800 MHz search for P25 CCs, as Entergy is the primary user in P25 on 800 MHz for LA, and most of MS. LWIN mainly being 700 MHz, same with MSWIN, with both having only a few 800 MHz sites currently. TX, and AR are a bit more of a challenge since TXWARN, and AWIN are largely 800 MHz. Once you find an 800 MHz P25 CC.. run analysis on it and check the SysID.... Once confirmed as Entergy, run deep analysis for the Site #s, ACCs, Site NACs, all freqs in use, and of course TGs! It looks like they are now mainly using TDMA with a little FDMA. They also use I-Calls a LOT!

slayer816

Premium Subscriber
I plan on setting up an HP2 at my mothers office for 8 hours logging Entergy LCNs one day just to see how many of those 95 freqs they actually use.

They are also increasing range to their sites. I logged a site a month ago, now I pick it up around 5-7 miles further than I used to. Yes with different radios and antennas.

Listening to known systems are fun. Discovering and plotting new systems is even more fun. When weather is bad, Entergy is a system that you'll want to be monitoring!

INDY72

Monitoring since 1982, using radios since 1991.
Premium Subscriber
Old System offlined?

Anyone know if the conversion is complete yet? Is the analog system online at any sites still?

Status
Not open for further replies.